Evil Dead 2/ AoD confirmation DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Heebner, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

I just picked up the Evil Dead 2 DVD,the one with the THX certification and Roger Eberts rating on the front, and AoD (or actually Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness) Bootleg cut.

I did a search of this to find out if I had made the right choices in getting these movies since there are so many different versions out there. After the search, I am more confused than ever, and would like a little advice.

Are these two versions decent enough to keep, or are there better versions out there? I dont want to open them up if thats the case so the can be returned, and exchanged. My friend said that the commentary on both is pretty excellent, so I am definitly interested in that and both movies I bought have commentary. I had no idea that there were a bizillon versions out there.

Any advice or suggestions? Did I get the bad or the good versions of both? Is there better?

Thanks

Matt

2. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I think you're ok [​IMG]
    The 'correct' Evil Dead 2 should have a drawing of Ash, Sheila, and a harpy critter instead of a skull. (I think both versions have Ebert's rating). But if you've got a commentary, you're ok.
    The 'bootleg' cut of AOD is one half of the original limited edition. It contains the extended director's cut with the less-happy ending. A true fan will want both versions so you should track down the theatrical cut too.

3. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

Thanks a bunch, although I will be on the lookout for the other AoD. I think that Best Buy (where I got the others) does have it.

Matt