What's new

Evil Dead 2/ AoD confirmation DVD's (1 Viewer)

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up the Evil Dead 2 DVD,the one with the THX certification and Roger Eberts rating on the front, and AoD (or actually Bruce Campbell vs. Army of Darkness) Bootleg cut.

I did a search of this to find out if I had made the right choices in getting these movies since there are so many different versions out there. After the search, I am more confused than ever, and would like a little advice.

Are these two versions decent enough to keep, or are there better versions out there? I dont want to open them up if thats the case so the can be returned, and exchanged. My friend said that the commentary on both is pretty excellent, so I am definitly interested in that and both movies I bought have commentary. I had no idea that there were a bizillon versions out there.

Any advice or suggestions? Did I get the bad or the good versions of both? Is there better?

Thanks

Matt

Julie K

Screenwriter
I think you're ok :)
The 'correct' Evil Dead 2 should have a drawing of Ash, Sheila, and a harpy critter instead of a skull. (I think both versions have Ebert's rating). But if you've got a commentary, you're ok.
The 'bootleg' cut of AOD is one half of the original limited edition. It contains the extended director's cut with the less-happy ending. A true fan will want both versions so you should track down the theatrical cut too.

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a bunch, although I will be on the lookout for the other AoD. I think that Best Buy (where I got the others) does have it.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks