What's new

Paramount+ Evil (Formerly on CBS) (3 Viewers)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well, Leland's still in the game, so to speak. Another episode that poses a lot of questions, and leaves a lot of room for plot development in season two.

The big question regarding Kristen's ten year old daughter is whether the program to alter the eggs at RSM was in play a decade ago. And even if it was, does the program have a 100 percent track record?

The show certainly seems to indicate that Kristen 'dealt with' Leroux. This would be in character in that we have seen in past episodes the steps she would take to defend her family; although not to this degree. Like almost everything in the show, I think there are multiple interpretations to the final scene. Spiritual - indicating a corrupted soul or Real World - a manifestation of guilt.

Loved the surreal aspect of David Acosta's vision. That sequence along with the final scene seems to point to the idea that Satan has harvested Kristen, or is at least attempting to accomplish that task.

I guess that's it until the fall. Definitely planning on being back for the premiere of season two.

- Walter.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I like the fact that there was no major "Who shot J.R.?" cliffhanger. Things continue on. Looking forward to season 2.

Seems like there is a strong inter connectedness to the ivf daughter. Seems to have a strong dream connection. If we are to follow the Evil thought, I have to believe that RSM was actively working to spread evil 10 years ago.

Was Kristen trying to make an alibi with her "conversation" with Ben?

So interesting to see things from Kristen's angle that Leland is supremely manipulative and evil but that Mom finds him just what she is searchíng for. Isn't that how Satan/evil is always portrayed, making evil/sin look appealing?

I believe this is the most intriguing series on broadcast.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I like the fact that there was no major "Who shot J.R.?" cliffhanger. Things continue on. Looking forward to season 2.

Seems like there is a strong inter connectedness to the ivf daughter. Seems to have a strong dream connection. If we are to follow the Evil thought, I have to believe that RSM was actively working to spread evil 10 years ago.

Was Kristen trying to make an alibi with her "conversation" with Ben?

So interesting to see things from Kristen's angle that Leland is supremely manipulative and evil but that Mom finds him just what she is searchíng for. Isn't that how Satan/evil is always portrayed, making evil/sin look appealing?

I believe this is the most intriguing series on broadcast.

I would describe the scene as 'you didn't see anything incriminating', whereas alibis tend to provide cover for motivation and opportunity. (Sorry, too many years watching procedurals. :) ) But she was certainly looking to alter/suppress Ben's observations, should they be addressed during season two.

Still not a big fan of the storyline involving the Mom and Leland, but it certainly isn't going away anytime soon, so I'll have to cope. I've definitely experienced (on a smaller scale) that sort of dynamic where just because you are friends with someone doesn't mean that you are going to hit it off with their friends. A=B and B=C doesn't mean that A=C when it comes to relationships.

Still really liking the chemistry of the cast. The scene with Kristen and David talking on the stairs was another scene from the finale that I really enjoyed. (I could probably watch an entire episode of dialog between those two characters.)

- Walter,

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The big question regarding Kristen's ten year old daughter is whether the program to alter the eggs at RSM was in play a decade ago. And even if it was, does the program have a 100 percent track record?
The fact that the goat demon chose Lexis, and the fact that Lexis opened the door for him, would seem to imply that it was.

The show certainly seems to indicate that Kristen 'dealt with' Leroux. This would be in character in that we have seen in past episodes the steps she would take to defend her family; although not to this degree. Like almost everything in the show, I think there are multiple interpretations to the final scene. Spiritual - indicating a corrupted soul or Real World - a manifestation of guilt.
My interpretation was that the serial killer was placed in her path to tempt her to sin, like the serpent with Eve and the Tree of Knowledge.

Loved the surreal aspect of David Acosta's vision. That sequence along with the final scene seems to point to the idea that Satan has harvested Kristen, or is at least attempting to accomplish that task.
Yes.

I thought the fact that the crucifix on the rosary burnt her hand, suggesting that she is possessed or damned, was a pretty big cliffhanger.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As always, more questions than answers which, to my mind, at least, means it's a sophisticated series that does not offer clear cut answers to problems and questions and often allows individual interpretation to events as they unfold. I do know it is the creepiest, most unsettling show I've seen in a long, long time.

It's going to be a long eight months.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since I'm completely out of the habit of watching any TV show as it airs, I only caught snippets of this one, but it looks intriguing. It'll be another reason to sign up for All Access for a couple months this summer. My first exposure to it was the second half of the "Bad Seed" episode (how I refer to it, not the real title), that kind of made my jaw drop in the final scene. I caught the second half of the season finale, but I really don't have much idea what's going on.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was absolutely astonished when I read this upon logging on tonight. Yes, the show is special, and the Kings obviously enjoy their presence on CBS All Access/Paramount+, but what a disservice to millions of fans of this creative, fun supernatural thriller!

Honestly, I feel betrayed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was absolutely astonished when I read this upon logging on tonight. Yes, the show is special, and the Kings obviously enjoy their presence on CBS All Access/Paramount+, but what a disservice to millions of fans of this creative, fun supernatural thriller!

Honestly, I feel betrayed.
It's like a bait and switch scheme in which the show develops an audience on free TV then they switch it to a service you have to pay for.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, maybe they'll use it as "original programming" on CBS in some future summer. Haven't they done that in the past with the Star Trek series that have been on streaming?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The first season of "Evil" was a huge hit on Netflix when it landed there after its CBS run. That probably convinced the Viacom bigwigs that it could drive subscribers to Paramount+.
Well, maybe they'll use it as "original programming" on CBS in some future summer. Haven't they done that in the past with the Star Trek series that have been on streaming?
CBS used the first season of "Star Trek: Discovery" to plug holes in its schedule last fall. But I think that was out of desperation because of the lack of new content due to COVID. The other networks were pulling similar unorthodox moves.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
They showed the first season of The Good Fight during the summer also to plug holes. They had to do some language editing to get it onto network air, of course.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Allegedly, SEAL Team and Clarice are going a similar route if they're granted new seasons.
Yeah, I read that, but TBH, I already watch Clarice on Paramount+ because I don't have to skip the commercials. I'm angry about this for the people that don't stream, but started watching these shows on free TV.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
This is just so much BS. We saw this happen with The Orville when it left Fox and now this. It is crap like this that pretty much makes me want to just quit network television all together.

It is a pretty awful way to treat your viewers. Not that that means anything to the executives making these decisions, at least based on their actions.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is just so much BS. We saw this happen with The Orville when it left Fox and now this. It is crap like this that pretty much makes me want to just quit network television all together.

It is a pretty awful way to treat your viewers. Not that that means anything to the executives making these decisions, at least based on their actions.

- Walter.
For the most part, I have left network television as I prefer to watch movies more than shows. Hell, I don't have much time for shows on Amazon, Netflix and such.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Officially official:
ViacomCBS Press Release said:

NEW SEASONS OF CBS DRAMAS “EVIL” AND “SEAL TEAM” COMING EXCLUSIVELY TO PARAMOUNT+

36f3541f3d452d7f915a81be8447a44c.png

Both Series Are Produced by CBS Studios
1621379433038.png
May 18, 2021 — Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today announced that the new seasons of CBS dramas EVIL and SEAL TEAM will be available exclusively on Paramount+. The move to Paramount+ from the CBS Television Network follows the series’ success on Paramount+, with SEAL TEAM ranking among the most-watched CBS dramas on the service this season, and EVIL ranking similarly as one of the most-watched during its debut season last year.

“Our Studio and Network have a strong track record of developing high-quality dramas that have multiplatform success, and these series speak to that strength,” said George Cheeks, President & CEO of the CBS Entertainment Group. “These moves mark another example of how our linear and streaming ecosystem can strategically work together to maximize value for the content and benefit the series and its creators.”

“We are thrilled to bring new seasons of these phenomenal series to Paramount+,” said Julie McNamara, Executive Vice President and Head of Programming, Paramount+. “We have a strong record of building incredible audiences with these creative teams, including Robert and Michelle King’s incomparable THE GOOD FIGHT, and look forward to bringing our subscribers even more seasons of series they love.”

The fifth season of SEAL TEAM will debut with a special presentation on the CBS Television Network this fall before moving exclusively to Paramount+. The second season of EVIL will debut exclusively on the service. In addition, prior seasons of both series are available to stream now on Paramount+.

Coming soon to Paramount+:

EVIL
EVIL is a psychological mystery that examines the origins of evil along the dividing line between science and religion. The series focuses on a skeptical female psychologist who joins a priest-in-training and a contractor as they investigate the Church’s backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions and hauntings. Their job is to assess if there is a logical explanation or if something truly supernatural is at work.

EVIL stars Katja Herbers, Mike Colter, Aasif Mandvi, Michael Emerson, Christine Lahti, Kurt Fuller, Brooklyn Shuck, Skylar Gray, Maddy Crocco and Dalya Knapp. EVIL is produced by CBS Studios in association with King Size Productions. Robert King, Michelle King, Liz Glotzer and Rockne S. O’Bannon serve as executive producers.

SEAL TEAM
SEAL TEAM is a military drama that follows the professional and personal lives of the most elite unit of Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high-stakes missions our country can ask of them. Jason Hayes is the respected, intense leader of the Tier One team whose home life has suffered as a result of his extensive warrior’s existence. His team includes his trusted confidant, Ray Perry, the longest-tenured operator with whom Jason shares an ingrained shorthand; Sonny Quinn, an exceptional, loyal soldier with a checkered past who still combats self-destructive tendencies; and Clay Spenser, a young, multilingual, second-generation SEAL with insatiable drive and dedication. Vital to the team’s success is Ensign Lisa Davis, a no-nonsense, take-charge officer. Deployed on clandestine missions worldwide at a moment’s notice—and knowing the toll it takes on them and their families—this tight-knit SEAL team displays unwavering patriotism and fearless dedication even in the face of overwhelming odds.
SEAL TEAM stars David Boreanaz, Max Thieriot, Neil Brown Jr., AJ Buckley and Toni Trucks. The series is produced by CBS Studios. Spencer Hudnut, Christopher Chulack, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and David Boreanaz serve as executive producers.

About Paramount+
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
For more information about Paramount+, please visit www.paramountplus.com and follow @ParamountPlus on social platforms.

About CBS Studios
CBS Studios is one of the industry’s leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms. The Studio’s expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing “Star Trek” universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
* * *​
Paramount+ Press Contact:
Morgan Seal [email protected]

CBS Studios Press Contact:
Lauri Metrose [email protected]

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

- Walter.
I watched the first season though I didn't like it well enough to get too upset about this move. But it's likely to make me more hesitant to watch any new show on CBS network in the future knowing it could later be moved to streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks