What's new

Everything bright has HALO's around it.. need help (1 Viewer)

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I asked this question once before but really didnt get any solid answers so im back.

I have a 2 year old WD-57332 Mitsu 1080p DLP screen.

I just replaced the bulb about 4 months ago. I bought the bulb on eBay. The guy had like 4000+ feedback and it was supposed to be a factory bulb.

Anyway recently the picture is just so washed out. The blacks look more like grays from the brights absorbing into everything.

For example at the end of the movie "credits" where all you have is white text and a black background, the text has glowing white halos around them.

Now picture this halo effect on everything you watch. The picture is just so washed out. If I am watching something with black side bars 4:3 aspect. The black bars on the side are washed out with whites as well from whatever on the screen at the time is bright.

COuld this be the bulb? I would think a bulb would just lose its brightness over time before needing a replacement.

I cant stand watching anything anymore on this set and i dont have money to buy a new one.

Any ideas

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
not the bulb
What mode are you watching in?
What is the brightness control set at?
When was the last time the display was internally cleaned ??

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Guys help!!

Do you think it needs to be cleaned. Is there anything posted that could guide me to clean it? Or is it something that needs to be done professionally?

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Im about to try and take my screen off and look to see if i can clean the inside of my DLP TV.

Would anyone advise against this?

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Well i have half my screen off. For some reason i cant find some screws or whatever it is on the bottom part of the screen to get it off.

Looking inside my TV though the glass in the back of the screen seems to be dusty when i put a light up to it.

I wonder if this could be the cause.

Now if i can just get my screen all the way off.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
Well i got the screen off and cleaned the glass and the bulb inside and it didnt work.

Screen still has washed out pic to it.

Im prolly talking to myself. Either these forums are dead or no one has any idea like myself.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It might be your color wheel or bulb aperture is hosed (either way, the electronics are misbehaving to the point that image output is less than ideal). It's probably time to get a technician to look at the TV set.

Todd_Petersen

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the reply.

IM just worried im going to get some tech out here who charges me 500+ dollars which is half the cost of some new ones.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Unfortunately ... if you won't pay to fix it and you can't do it yourself, then you have your answer. Time to get another TV or live with it.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks