Everyone ready to see the Red Wings storm to the Cup!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikePeroni, Apr 9, 2002.

1. MikePeroni

MikePeroni Stunt Coordinator

Lookout NHL!! Well, were gettin pretty pumped-up here in hockeytown, as Bowman is getting ready to hit full throttle on the boys!! Really the only stumbling block I see is Colorado, but now that we finally have a great goalie ourselves, look out!! This team might go down as one of the greatest of all time! Lets hope Stevie Y is alright..
    Anyway, I also like Philly and Boston in the East, but look out for Jersey too!! My prediction, Detroit over Philly in 6!! Yea baby
    [​IMG]

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

The big question regarding the Wings is whether their ancient lineup will hold up to the rigors of playoff hockey, where this is no time to rest. If the Wings do not put away their opponents in the first two rounds quickly, their senior citizens may be worn out before they face the Avalanche. Did the Wings buy enough Geritol to get them through the entire playoffs? [​IMG]

3. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Sorry kids but the way that the Montreal Canadiens are playing and peaking at just the right time, I would not be taking any bets against them. Theodore is playing MVP hockey and with the emotional leadership of Saku Koivu finally playing again, they are going to give any team they meet a run for their money. Prediction, Montreal vs. Detroit with Montreal taking home the cup in 7 games.

*Flame retardant suit on*

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Richard,

I'm been a huge Canadiens fan for over 30 years, but not even I am that optimistic. I think the Habs may be able to get by the Bruins in the first round if Theodore stays hot, but I can't see them getting very far in the playoffs with their lack of offense.

6. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

Now don't you go making me put a Bruins logo in my signature! You know what happened last time I did that, right? (hint, it's still there). [​IMG]
    -Steve

7. CameronJ

CameronJ Stunt Coordinator

8. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

I don't think anyone should be handing the cup to Detroit just yet. The playoffs, especially in hockey can be very unpredictable. Too many times a team dominates in the regular season and sputters in the playoffs. Detroit has a great team, but I'm not convinced they have the gas to survive until June. Time will tell if the "Geritol factor" comes in to play.

I'm just ready to see some good playoff hockey, and hopefully my Habs make it out of the first round.