What's new

everyone in cali OK? (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
6.0, 5.9, something like that.

Felt it only slightly here in L.A. It was centered in central California. Paso Robles...which I think got hit a year or two back. Hope that town is ok.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Epicentered near Parkfield, 2 of them, 6.0 and 5.9. 70 or so miles NNE of San Luis Obispo, so in a relatively low-population area of CA. Reports had it felt in the bay area and Santa Ana. Here in West LA, nada. The Scott Peterson trial was recessed early because of it.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
People in Colorado will die sooner due to cancer caused by increased cosmic ray exposure.

The good thing about earthquakes is that they usually don't occur during periods of bad weather. Whereas there's an amazing correlation between hurricanes and periods of bad weather.

At work in Santa Clara I noticed a time separation between the P waves and the S waves, so I knew it was a long way away. Normally I don't pay any attention to small shakes but this seemed to be a much bigger quake far away. Parkfield is about 130 miles south of here.

I was really wondering if it was Mt. Saint Helens blowing up again. :eek:

More news at http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I am also in Huntington Beach, but haven't felt a damned thing. One of these days a huge earthquake is gonna kill me -- I sleep through every one of 'em (ones that were at least felt significantly in my area at the time). :thumbsdown:

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Didn't feel a thing. I frequent quite a few forums and it is funny reading non-californians reactions to earthquakes.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Cypress was built like last week, of course it's "nice." :)

I commute to the similar, Brea on some days. I much prefer working in Little Saigon(Midway).

I mooch off Orange County, then go home.

[Not to imply all of O.C. is bad. I like parts of H.B., Fullerton, Santa Ana and Old Town Orange. At least some character in some of the older areas.]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks