What's new

Everyone! Come in and imagine this moment with me....:) (1 Viewer)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
Hello fellow DVD nuts! I just wanted to welcome all of you into this little thread to imagine a moment with me. Take a minute to do this and you may find it quite enjoyable. :)

Imagine the day when you can sit back and look at your DVD collection and see the full Lord of the Rings trilogy Extended Edition sets. :) Then you pan your eyes over only to see the recently released Star Wars Episodes 4-6 Trilogy in anamorphic widescreen with DTS surround sound added for the home release! :) Lastly, you look over a little further and eye your new Indiana Jones Tilogy once again in anamorphic widescreen with DTS surround sound. :) What a wonderful moment that will be. :)

Let's hear your predictions for when that day will be. :frowning: Mid 2006? 2007? The sooner the better! :)

Dan.b

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
For your sake, I hope the day comes soon. Of course, there are a few of us (not many, but a few) who could care less if that day never comes.

I'd settle for Three Colors: Blue, White and Red and Miller's Crossing on DVD.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
A briliant day it will be indeed! I frequently do that only with the LOTR trilogy. It will undoubtedly be the crowning achievement of my collection. Indy and Star Wars aren't far behind. I can picture a couple marathon Sundays already. As for when, I don't even care to guess because it only build the anticipation.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can already sit back and see my collection of Star Wars (Han shoots first!) and Indiana Jones, thanks to the power of laserdisc. You know, after 15 minutes it doesn't matter if it's anamorphic or not, or if the sound is DPLII or DTS 6.1. What matters is that I'm watching it. LOTR? Well, that seems to be coming along just fine...

Anders Englund

Second Unit
No, that will never happen. The Indy trilogy will be sorted under "I", LOTR under "L" and SW under "S". That means I will first see Indy, then LOTR and finally SW. ;)

--Anders

Charlie Essmeier

Stunt Coordinator
By 2006-2007, it won't matter if these titles are available on DVD. By then, everyone will be complaining that Lucas and Spielberg are dragging their feet because they won't release the aforementioned titles in HD.

Charlie

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I already imagined the day when I had "Can't Stop the Music" on my shelf in anamorphic widescreen, and that day has already come! Just need "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" now (with the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton!)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I'm pretty confident they'll have a DTS track for each of the original films when they finally hit DVD. I think most people would agree with me.

Dan.b

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty confident they'll have a DTS track for each of the original films when they finally hit DVD.
No chance... not even a little bit. Indy films won't be in DTS either.

Lucasfilm is probably the studio with the closest ties with Dolby (hell, their former subsidiary, THX, helped develop their EX system).

I don't see why you would want two tracks that sound the same anyways ;)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Oh man! Why'd ya have to go and do that? Quick everyone, run for your life! There's no hope saving this thread now! :D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My only fear is that they wait so long to release these jems that HD-DVD comes out and they decide to wait until they can do nice HD transfers before releasing them at all.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think most people would agree with me.
Nope. As Rob says, Lucasfilm and Dolby are in bed together. Not a chance of DTS ever finding its way on those discs.

No rush anyway, George. Take your time. I'm enjoying my laserdiscs just fine. :)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
For your sake, I hope the day comes soon. Of course, there are a few of us (not many, but a few) who could care less if that day never comes.
I already got Indy trilogy on DVDs, sure it's straight LD ports but it's sufficient, as for Rings and Star Wars, count me as one of those few but growing number of those that could care less. :D
Especially so that we're all almost sure that the original Star Wars trilogy won't make it to DVD, therefore I'm keeping my Definitive 9LD box.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I also can't wait til the day I come on this forum and see the announced release dates of CRIMSON TIDE and HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER special editions in ANAMORPHIC. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks