Everybody Loves Raymond, finally

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris_Morris, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Thanks for the heads up Dave and Chris

TVShowsonDVD article

This is very highly anticipated news!!

Chris

2. Eman_Ramos

Eman_Ramos Stunt Coordinator

darn...posted this on another thread...

But yes, I'm thrilled. However, annual releases? Are they serious?

3. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
    Most of the first season episodes are rather bland and low-key, but I would buy the set anyway as a show of support. The second season is when the chemistry and the writing really took off.

4. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Great news, although I hope the release schedule will be at least two a year.

5. PetterLiokel

PetterLiokel Auditioning

Thats very good news. Cant wait..

6. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

The packaging for ELR:S1 is my new favorite packaging style. It's the same material used for "Sledge Hammer: Season 1", only it folds out (DigiPak-style) to hold 5 discs. It seems a bit over-sized at first, but it's exactly the same size as 5 ThinPaks

It's a real sturdy design, with two of the plastic trays that "snap" together to keep it closed, so there's no need for the usual outer sleeve. Like "Sledge Hammer", it feels like a hard-cover book. The finish on the outer cover is very rigid, so it should last longer than the standard cardboard sleeves

[​IMG]

Moderator: This thread needs to be moved to the "TV" section. I found it in "movies" after a search.

7. ArthurFlew

ArthurFlew Extra

I just bought this today, one of my favorite shows. Great packaging is right!

8. Daniel Kikin

And the set also comes with a free year of TV Guide (52 issues worth), perfect timing since the free year I'm getting now is up in November.

9. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

What are the details on the free year of TV Guide? The sticker on the outside said restrictions apply. I wasn't really that interested in the set, because I've seen all the episodes, but if I can get a free year of TV Guide, I will definitely go for it.

10. Daniel Kikin

The actual card just says you get a free year for buying the set and if you don't want the free year, you can mail in the card and get $1.56 back (I can't believe anyone would actually do that). I didn't see any restrictions but I'll read it over again. It could be the offer is not valid for current subscribers so you might need to use a different name or address or something like that.

11. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

Thanks for the information. I am not a current subscriber and I'll pick up the set today. Costco has Raymond for $28.99, which is way less than the price of a TV Guide subscription.

12. GarySchrock

GarySchrock Second Unit

Heh, I'm half tempted to send in for the refund for not getting the TV guide. TV guide isn't really all that usefull to me with directivos.

BTW, anyone else think that the packaging on this set is terrible? Not to mention that this batch of plastic trays seem to have a rough spot in them that the discs can rub against.

13. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

Out of context, this thread title is hilarious.

Good news, though!

14. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Doug, if you want CHEAP subscriptions, check Ebay. People buy in large lots for a discount and then sell them. A year of TV Guide is going for like $10 right now.

I just picked this set up for $29.99 at Best Buy. I kind of wish the cast pictures on the cover would have been from the season, but oh well. Looking at the cover art for season 2, looks like they're gonna keep the same "background" picture and just change the large Raymond each time.

With Season 2 coming out in December, I wonder if we're gonna be getting these every 2 months? If they all come out at $30 retail, this will be a very easy series to collect!

15. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Watched the first two discs so far, I love it. I have only seen a few episodes from the early seasons, but I really like them.

Just an FYI, there are no chapter stops in the episodes and there is no Play-All feature. I do love the feel of the packaging though.

16. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I just got this set tonight. I haven't watched any of it yet, but I'd also like to say that I'm literally impressed with the packaging that was used. I personally think this should be a standard for all future TV on DVD sets. Talk about perfection.

Anyway, I plan on watching the set over the course of the long weekend (Thanksgiving is on Monday for us Canadians!). I don't recall seeing too many of the first season episodes so it should be a real treat.