What's new

Everybody Hates Chris (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I only got the "Everybody Hates Chris" DVD sampler out of my EW last week (Nip/Tuck cover). I thought that pilot was okay, but not bust-out funny.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Same here, Patrick...I liked it and will probably watch it when Amazing Race wraps up but I won't be recording it while TAR is ongoing.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I thought the first episode was hilarious personally.

Especially when Chris was fighting the school bully and a half hour later he was STILL fighting him while Paul McCartney's 'Ebony and Ivory' played on the soundtrack. :laugh:

I'm in. :emoji_thumbsup:

So, did anyone see this, or is this yet another example of a show that I alone liked but no one else could give two shit's about ('Blind Justice' anyone)? ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought it was pretty good, though I found Rock's narration a bit mellow. I think the best part for me was his dad knowing the cost of everything.

"That's a $1.09 worth of chicken in the trash!"

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought it was pretty funny. There were sure a lot of commercials, though. I gave up on Survivior this year, but my wife didn't, so I'll have to figure out some way to catch it when Alias returns next week and my Tivo is doubled up.

Regards,

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I really enjoyed it. Some of the best stuff has already been mentioned - the "Ebony and Ivory" fight, Chris' Dad and the cost of everything - another was how he thought he could talk his way out of the fight.

I've watched 3 new shows this year - How I Met Your Mother, My Name is Earl and this. And I thought this was clearly better than the other two.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I enjoyed it although the episode seemed pretty short.
Also, I would have liked it more if I hadn't read a review which quoted about 75% of the good lines.

It was the only TV program I watched yesterday, other than recordings on my DVR (and some of SCTV Volume 4 on DVD).

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Not bad. I'll give it another chance. Unfortunately, since I've been watching Veronica Mars all summer, every funny line in this ep. had already been shown in promos.

Rob

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was pretty funny. It was funny, sweet, and nostalgic without being overdone. Definitely worth watching. :)

Since it was a pilot, they had a bigger budget than they will for the rest of the episodes so there might be less music and (hopefully) clearance won't be a problem.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Just got done watching it. One of the funnier comedies this year, easily beating, How I Met Your Mother and Kitchen Confidential. I'm a huge Chris Rock fan anyway, it was nice to see some of his stand up bits being brought into real life contexts.
I can't wait to see where this show goes.

I loved the end when Chris appologize's for eating the big peice of chicken (which is a common reference in his stand up) and his dad says "That was 89 cent worth of chicken!" and "Unplug that clock, you can't tell time when you're sleeping, that's 2 cents an hour."

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Thought it was okay -- I didn't bust out laughing or anything.

I'll probably drop it from my sked in favor of Alias or Smallville starting this week.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
So, nobody watched this weeks ep? Shame, it was a freaking riot!

Chris (after walking in and seeing his younger brother kissing a girl he likes himself),
"I wanted to slap the black off him!"

Cuts to a shot of his younger brother being loaded into an ambulance with white spots on his face, while the police have the black that was formerly part of his face in a little baggie..."Apparently, he got the black slapped off him."

:laugh:

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the begin of the show and it looked funny and I wish I was at home to see it but I want to a PJ party. This is the best new show of 2005 and this was the best time for UPN to do it...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Last night's episode was pretty good.

"Black man + basketball = white girl"

"Black man + basketball = C+"

I find the kid who plays Chris very endearing, but have hard time seeing him growing up to be Chris Rock :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks