What's new

Every time I turn on ___show "X"___, it's always ___episode "Y"___, which I really dislike. (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I never did care for that one myself! Why is it so popular?

I'd sure like to know why. It's a terrible episode that at its core gives us one of the most insulting depictions of a female character I've ever seen (in contrast to "Space Seed" there was a believable context for why Marla McGivers fell for Khan, not so in this episode) and then the same character is basically subjected to the equivalent of a rape scene later on which was to set the stage for the ending scene that was scripted but not used (but which you can see in the James Blish adaptation).

And then on top of that, so much of this episode's plot was basically recycled again a few episodes later in "The Apple" with just cosmetic differences but using the same climactic finish (the Enterprise phasers to destroy the power base of the "god")

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I never did care for that one myself! Why is it so popular?

I am also not big on that one. There are a lot of second season episodes that have premises that hook me in but then fail to deliver on it and this is an example of that type for me.

dstrong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Damon
Every time I turn on THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW, it's always "The Return Of Edwin Carp" episode, one I really don't care for.
I just watched that episode last week and it gets my vote as the WORST episode of the series so far. I'm almost finished Season 3. I'll never watch that episode again.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Clip showz.
I know, it's not the real spelling, but for me, it's not a real episode.

Late at night, before lights out, I'll turn on the Tele thinking 'Great, Seinfeld or Friends is on (but then again, Friends is almost always on!)', and lo and behold, I usually get their filler episode(s).
At least when Ozzie & Harriet invited us to take a look back, it was the complete episode.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I just watched that episode last week and it gets my vote as the WORST episode of the series so far. I'm almost finished Season 3. I'll never watch that episode again.
Worse than "The Twizzle"???? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks