What's new

Everwood Season 3 ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
4/25/05 "Fallout"

Sometimes, you just want to slap Ephram until he "gets" it, but headstrong and locked on a target with little upside will cost him even more than he'll ever realize (a second shot at Julliard, and Amy).

Delia tore Andy a new one. Nice.

Hannah and Bright are already turning into an old married couple in spots. She takes a risk, and is rewarded. As one relationship burns to the ground, another one might catch fire.

Andy still isn't all that happy about Jake and Nina, but is playing the nice guy for now.

Evan M

Second Unit
I loved Delia.. I about fell out of my chair when she stormed back in with "THAT was the one part I DID like!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
People on this show talk really really fast. I had to rewind it when Amy let it slip that she knew about Madison.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Amy blurting out that she knew about Madison's pregnancy and Ephram's reaction evoked some yelling at the TV. :) Especially as he overreacted.

And Andy!? Is he really that bad of a parent? Can he really only function at a high level whilst in scrubs with a mask on? He really isn't learning anything, and I am ever so slightly getting bored with him. Maybe | | this much. :)

I think the writers were trying to paint a contrast between Harold and his relatively new ability to recognize his "misspoken" comments and deal with Amy as a budding adult AND Andy's inability to learn any new parenting skills.

I suppose we might be getting a season ending cliffhanger with EPhram leaving to go somewhere, god knows where.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/2/05 "Acceptance"

Well, there you have it, Amy finally piecing it all together, finally figuring out that her and Ephram wanted different things and for now, their paths will diverge. The realization on Amy's face during the last scene was heartbreaking.

Jake has to weather his brother stirring the pot to finally make his stand with Nina. Andy is in no man's land, a day late and a dollar short after finding out from Jake that Nina loved him, but Andy was never available, and now the timing is off, and Jake intends on making it work with Nina.

Harold's world goes from a world of possibilities to one of finite and difficult outcomes as he is elated by the thought of bringing another child into the world, but finds out that a tumor in Rose's back threatens to cut short her life, something he's not prepared for.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
So Patrick, since it's just about down to you and I here...

Do you think the tumor/potential cancer will be enough to keep Amy home in Everwood instead of going to Princeton/Harvard? There are two shows right now with their characters set to graduate from high school, this one and Smallville, leaving me to speculate how things will end to keep the shows together.

I guess Ephram tries to leave, judging by the preview, and it seems incredibly unlikely that things will wrap up with Amy and Ephram settling down for marriage and kids in Everwood and not going to college. Sooooo, it comes time to answer the question, how will Berlanti, et al keep the show going? I see no new characters being introduced to the town.

IMHO, the only logical conclusion is that they go off together, to NY, Boston or Princeton.

One thing I am fuzzy about. Didn't Amy get into Harvard? Why is Princeton so much more desirable, even with the plot earlier this season about Harold wanting Amy to go there? Is it the dance program or something?

I remember the moment that Amy and Ephram had last night, when my H.S. girlfriend and I realized that I was going 1000 miles away to college and she had 2 more years of HS left. It was analogous to Ephram realizing that this wasn't permanent or infinite and leading Amy down that path.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking Andy will have to perform a surgical miracle on Rose.

Princeton is Harold's deal. He so wanted Amy to go to Princeton, but I think, Amy wanted Harvard. I think Amy's done with dance.

From what I've heard about Ephram:

He bolts in the second to last episode, and doesn't even appear in the season finale.

Next season could take on a "Dawson's Creek, the college years" flavor depending on where Amy ends up. I think she'll stay near home.

For some reason, even though Everwood started as the story about the Browns coming to Everwood, I think the core of the stories might stay with the Abbotts.

Evan M

Second Unit
There is still plenty to explore in Everwood with Andy and they can certainly play up Delia's trouble and Andy trying to adjust to trying harder with his Daughter. And the Abbott story lines are stronger than ever.

But, if I had to guess, Ephram will wind up back with Amy next season some how or another... be it going to whereever she is and begging her to take him back... but, they can always take us around the country with Ephram or whatever he winds up doing.

Dunno, but I'm not too worried about it.. and the last few episodes of this season look to be very dramatic. I felt so bad for Amy after Ephram was trying to play the "lets be friends" card and she thought it meant they were getting back together... so heartbreaking. She'll be stronger for it, though.

Surely they wouldn't transition Harold into the exact some "single-father" mode that Andy already fills, so I'm guessing Rose will survive.. but stranger things have happened.

I loved the scene with the Abbotts fighting in Jake's office and him trying miserably to diffuse the situation and get out of it. ROFL

Jake's brother calling him on his relationship with Nina was an interesting way to stir the pot on that story line and I have to wonder what long term consequences it will have.

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator
I have enjoyed the past few episodes. Really loved how excited Harold was about the potential pregnancy. He has become a very likable character recently.

Has this show been renewed for next year?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
In last week's episode, my favorite scene had to be Andy sitting on Delia's bed and just genuinely listening to what's going on. No big crisis involved, no extreme obligation. He never did that with Ephram, even when they were doing good. It gives me hope.

Amy sure is dependent on others. That last scene was rather tragic in Monday's episode, but it made me aware of just how open and how loving Ephram is. Even when his world's falling apart around him, he takes the time to hear her out and really consider how he feels before responding. I also liked Andy's advice to Jake. We begin to see for the first time how much Everwood really means to him. I can't wait to see where they take Harold. The last few episodes have been a dramatic redemption for his character, and I can't wait to see how he tackles Rose's crisis.

Yup. The ratings aren't great, but they've shown growth and the WB is in dire shape right now. I was the farthest thing from a fan of the first half of this season plus. But everything since "A Moment in Manhattan" has been solid gold in my book.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/9/05

Ah, this is one of those episode that makes you just want to cry in your pillow as the Abbotts come together for Rose's battle with cancer. Harold's heartbreak, and feeling of helplessness, plus the guilt of putting off Rose's symptoms was almost too much to take at times. Rose getting worse was also another punch in the gut.

Ephram unloads everything his father wanted for him for his Eurotrip. Andy is pretty much powerless to stand in Ephram's way.

Amy's world just keeps crumbling apart, last week, her relationship with Ephram goes kaput, and then finding out about Rose's condition didn't help.

Bright finally figures out that he has feelings for Hannah, even if they still play if coy for now. They have nice chemistry, let's see if she can provide the impetus for Bright to get his act together.

Andy acts strangely around Nina, but is able to parlay his troubles with Ephram for his reactions to her, knowing now that she had strong feelings for him a while ago, but now with Jake in the picture, he just has to simmer down and be a friend, but fighting every instinct to want to be something more.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You know what was so powerful about that? Neither one of them cared about the stuff. Ephram got choked up about the piano. Andy was heart broken about the piano. That piano was Julia. And Ephram turned his back on it.

And how about Ephram's "Woe betide me" speech about how he has to abandon his father when Amy wants nothing more than a little more time to spend close to her mom?

A nice balance with Andy between Ephram and Nina.

Also liked Delia just flat-out asking the Big Question.

How rough was that ending with Rose? With "Everwood" its all the more powerful because thus far they haven't pulled any punches. Who knows what's going to happen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/16/05

Good grief, break out the tissues, this episode unleashed the floodgates, mainly the goodbye scene between Ephram and Delia, and Rose quietly asking Andy to be her surgeon and Andy being conflicted by the situation because of how previous surgeries have gone with people he knew beforehand.

I could have done without the Jake and Nina scenes, though.

Bright has really fallen for Hannah. Harold is a mess over Rose's condition getting worse, and facing the prospects of her getting worse, or not pulling through the surgery.

Ephram gets a unique graduation gift from the grave by his mom, and her backup plan is amazingly appropo for Ephram's situation, as he takes a flight to England to sort out his life.

Evan M

Second Unit
I know I needed a few tissues in this one... geez.

I loved the scene with Delia and Ephram...
Delia: When I'm ready?
Ephram: No, when I'm ready. You? You're tough.. you can handle it.
Delia: Still hurts too much?
Ephram: Something like that.

I love Delia's understanding and straightforwardness about all that is going on around her.

Many other great lines in that exchange...

Ephram telling Delia that Andy has a good heart and is a good Dad... powerful stuff in the face of all the anger and resentment that we've been seeing lately.. so he does at least kinda understand why Andy didn't tell him, I think.

The letter from his Mom in the graduation gift... man, that was some tearjerker stuff right there.

And I loved the way they brightened the end for Ephram.. the renewing of hope and all by having the producer name and all come up black letter on a white background instead of the usual black background with white letters... symbolized to me that Ephram is starting to see the light and come out of his dark place. Such a subtle, yet profound way to communicate to us.

Then the whole cancer thing and the Nina/Jake moments (Which I actually mostly enjoyed.. and were needed to kinda break up the somberness of the rest of the episode.)

GREAT episode.. I can't wait for the season finale looks like a lot of cliffhanger things are about to get unleashed...

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Just watched the 5/16 episode yesterday. I admit I totally teared up during the makeshift graduation ceremony at the Abbott's. I love how the characters grow and change on this show. And count me in as someone looking forward to more Bright and Hannah. I really like how Bright has evolved this year and look forward to more of it!

I also want to complement the acting in this episode. Using character names as I'm not too familiar with real names on this show, but Delia, Rose, Harold, to name a few, did amazing jobs...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Nina/Jake scenes were weak simply because Jake remains an outsider from our perspective.

Otherwise, this is right up there with "Moment in Manhattan" for best of the season. I loved the scene between Andy and Ephram. It was the best thing Andy could have done and let Ephram trust him a little again.
The other two huge scenes were Ephram/Delia, which was a long time coming, and Harold/Amy in the hallway. Damn that got to me. Also, the scene between Rose and Andy. That got to the center of the relationship between those two families. After a season of hating Andy, this episode finally let me in again.

And yes, the use of Brenda Strong was sublime.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the season finale. Not as powerful as last episode, but it was good to see some joy for once in Everwood. Judging by that last scene, next season is going to be interesting.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's strange to see the characters lay their card out on the table, just in time for the summer break.

Having Harold berate Andy after he did Rose's surgery was jarring because the time frame wasn't clear, so I stayed confused by it, but it was for Andy a synopsis for what went wrong for Andy. Later, all the good that Andy did was playfully brought into the decision-making process after an impromptu "Appreciation" party hastily thrown together by Harold.

Leave it to Hannah to have to break up with Topher twice, that boy just ain't too swift. Bright getting some courage, and leaving Hannah on cloud 9 for her trip home was nice to see.

Amy's sticking around to be with Rose. Selfishly speaking, I'm glad, but it's probably not the right move to make in deferring enrollment, but the show must go on.

Andy and Nina...interesting times ahead, indeed.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I love the Abbotts and am glad Amy will be around next year and that she appreciates her family. Rose has been amazing through this story line...the actress really pulled this off. And I'd be remiss if I didn't say how much I love Bright/Hannah. This has been a long time coming and was so worth it. "You got hot" has joined my list of favorite getting together lines :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks