What's new

Everwood season 2: When? (1 Viewer)

Gaby:)

Grip
Hi, I was just wondering when we might expect season 2 of Everwood to come to DVD? I heard the first season sales were reasonable and I see a lot of other WB shows coming with later seasons so why not Everwood?

Thanks for any feedback,
Gaby:)

ETA: I don't think I will be able to make the chat on the 29th .. Could someone ask then? Thanks.

ChrisKe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting for this one as well... The first season didn't go on sale until September 2004 and so maybe the second season will come later this year.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
There has got to be something we can do about this. Critics (Primarily Entertainment Weekly) love this show. They say that it is great and getting better all the time. It is one of their best shows that very few people are watching. All I can say is that I hope that the studio does release subsequent seasons, because I will be in line to buy them.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd definitely buy Season Two as well. But atleast we got the best season on DVD. Season One is a complete story in and of itself.

Josh-F

Auditioning
As someone who just picked up season one in the big WB sale, I have to say that I'm really disappointed that season two won't be released. I really like this season a lot. I enjoy this show and love the town and I love to continue visiting it every week.

Does anyone watch the show in first run right now? Is it pointless for me to just pick it up in the fourth season? Or can I get back in the swing of understanding what is going on after a few episodes?

I wonder how poorly this sold to be not released again. It had to be pretty horribly because I can't think of another show that has released a season and then just stopped.

Beau

Supporting Actor
True, at least we have the first season. What Gord said doesn't leave me with much hope, but I'd buy as many seasons of this show as they can make (I'm hoping it can get at least to season six, anyone know how their ratings have been?).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am surprised Warner won't at least give season 2 a chance considering Marcia Cross was a regular during this season and Housewives sells right now.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
I rented Season 1 back in March and watched it all on a huge-screen TV with excellent surround sound while house-sitting for rich people. I took most of the week off of work just to have a bit of a stay-inside vacation in soggy, gray March, and all I did was watch TV-on-DVD (Babylon 5 Season 3 was the other show I got through) and invited a friend over to watch some movies. Needless to say, I fell hard for this series. It sucks that the rest of the show probably won't see release any time soon. I'm not keen on tracking down repeats (if it's even re-airing on any channel in Canada at the moment) and recording them. With the exception of one obscure cartoon that I'm pretty sure will never get released on DVD, I won't touch bootlegs.

So I'm stuck. No more Everwood, I guess? Season 1 was a fairly complete thing, even though there were lotsa threads started up that were unresolved by the season finale.

CynthiaH

Agent
Who knows? Maybe if lots of people are sending in a proof of purchase for Everwood as part of the WB rebate thing, they'll rethink things.

I'm hoping that when all of the other shows are caught up (like Gilmore Girls will have caught up with the broadcast this December when Season 5 comes out; Veronica Mars is caught up; One Tree Hill; I don't know about Smallville but I think it is), they'll go back to stuff like Everwood. I'm dreaming, I know.

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
This is a beautiful show... but then again, that's precisely what's keeping it from becoming more popular. :frowning:

Such a shame studios can't come up with a model for releasing less-than blockbuster shows :thumbsdown:

Joel C

Screenwriter
Wow, that's a shame... This was one of those shows I always meant to see, and I figured I'd catch up on DVD. Now I guess I can't.

Really, this sold worse than, like, One Tree Hill? Weird.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
It is pretty much a family drama, but the typical WB teen show elements are there too. It has broad appeal, so IMO anyone can enjoy it. For whatever reason, more people aren't. Maybe if it had been on HBO it would've fared better. It has a lot in common with Six Feet Under, at least its first season did...strong sense of family, some quirk, humor, beautifully shot, tackled social issues, talking to dead people, etc...No high-concept pitch like "funeral home!", "mob boss with mental issues!", "gritty prison drama!", or "Carnivale!", but HBO shouldn't feel that all their dramas have to be that way.

Yep, pretty convinced Everwood is just on the wrong network.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I can't believe this dvd didn't sell, when all of the sudden "Once & Again" is completed on dvd. Yeah, it took them like 4 years to get back to it, but are you tell me a fairly obscure title, long gone, gets a release while a thriving current series cannot? I dearly want all four seasons released. And don't get me started on American Dreams...!

Josh-F

Auditioning
I don't understand how they can not be releasing the rest of the seasons. It doesn't make any sense. I can't remember another show that was successful on TV that started putting out DVDs but then stopped. The only way this makes sense is if this DVD sold so poorly that with the music licensing and whatever else it costs to put a DVD out, they simply didn't turn a profit. But I find that hard to believe.

I mean, they've got this show just sitting there, are the producers allowed to shop it around to other DVD studios? How does that work? This doesn't make any sense. Does EVERWOOD not inspire the kind of fanaticism in it's viewers that makes for high DVD sales? I wish we could see numbers for how all these DVDs sold. I would imagine that if any DVD were to turn a profit, it would make sense to release the next season, because once a DVD has made a profit, everything after it is all going to the studio as profit. It really don't get it.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

That wouldn't tell you how much money was made though. It's not always that a set LOST money, but that other shows/sets will make MORE money. Warner may be a big studio, but they have limited resources; the people that work on Everwood are the same people that work on Friends, Gilligan's Island, Gilmore Girls...

Gord

Joel C

Screenwriter
I hope they'll get around to it... I mean, soon enough, Friends and Gilmore Girls and the like will all be out on DVD, so they'll be going back to the catalogue. Once and Again FINALLY came out, so this could too. Heck, it was a three-year wait for Mary Tyler Moore, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks