Everwood - 5/3/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, May 4, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Recap:

Andy struggles to convince Douglas that he can do the necessary surgery to remove all of the tumor. Finally Douglas gives his consent, begrudgingly.

Bright doesn't want to go to graduation, even though his grandparents (Betty White and the old guy) show up from Arizona to watch the ceremony. Bright feels like he's being left behind since all his friends have plans after high school. Then Harold gets the bad news of being turned down for medical insurance coverage, and Bright finds that not knowing his future doesn't mean his life is done, and given Harold's uncertainty of a medical future, Bright comes to grips with his own circumstances and agrees to go to graduation.

Harold tries to keep his medical practice trouble from his in-laws, going to the trouble of having fake patients in his office while looking at a boil for his father-in-law. Harold's nurse shows up unexpectedly and pretty much blows Harold's deception to pieces.

Since Andy is busy with surgery, Ephram has an audition for the summer program at Juliard in Boulder, and Amy invites herself along. She gives Ephram a pep talk when Ephram gets the jitters and wants to leave before auditioning. He plays, and later they decide to stay for dinner and Amy finally lets Ephram know how she feels about him, and Ephram plays it too cool, tipping his hand (since Bright had already told Ephram about Amy's feelings for him) and Amy gets all verklampt about it all, and Ephram lets loose a painful revelations that he knew that Amy played him for a year when he showed up in town, and he turned around and played her for a day. Amy is emotionally hurt by this and they agree to not do the "couple" thing.

Later, Ephram does get accepted to Juliard for the summer program. At Bright's graduation, he tells Amy of the news and that they are okay not being an item. Amy's still hurt by the situation. Bright does walk to receive his diploma, and we find out his name is Harold Brighton Abbott.

2. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

I was kinda disappointed with teh way the Amy/Ephram thing played out.. but a pretty good episode, otherwise. The storyline following Dr. Abbot and his inability to find an insurance company to cover him was moving.

I could really feel his inner turmoil in not wanting to bring his family down with the bad news while it is Bright's graduation day. Also, his angst in not mentioning the failure of his practice in front of his hateful in-laws to such a degree that he lies to his wife, even. (Can't blame him there... man, they really portray them in such a way that I dont' see how anyone can not hate their guts.)

Nina's insights into Andy's feelings were nice, and it is good to see them together as friends again.

Man, I hate to see the season finale coming up next week. Don't know what I'm gonna do over the summer without Everwood. [​IMG]

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I know what you mean. I'm not even sure what kind of TV access I'm going to have come next fall so the impending finale is especially tough.

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch

Actually, I'm just praying that the promo for next week's season finale is the typical WB misleading promo spot, because if they're going down the road that promo hinted at with Madison, all I can do is groan...

5. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

I'm assuming it is... but what the big secret really is will be interesting to find out.

If it's not a misleading spot... [​IMG]