Everwood - 4/5/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Evan M, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

Ah, how refreshing to have Everwood return... and in good form! Overall, i thought this was a great episode. Or maybe I've just missed the show too much... LOL

Anyways, It's good to see Amy finally coming around and trying to get her life together... is this the end of the depression era, or will we see a relapse?

The breakup with Madison and Ephraim finally happened (who didn't see that coming? [​IMG] ) and the door is open for Amy and Ephraim to sort of pick up where they left off.

I thought the end was fantastic, too. Fresh off of the victory of Nina winning the court battle, Andy is smacked back to reality by good old Doctor Abbot. This tension will be a big factor in coming episodes, I suspect.

Ah.. so nice to have new episodes again! [​IMG]

2. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

For all the shit that is happening in my life, thank god for Everwood and one hour of pure entertainment.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The only thing I didn't like about the ending was Dr. Abbott's comment that he never liked Andy as a man but respected him as a doctor. While that may have been true in the beginning, I think Harold has long since moved beyond that. Part of what made Andy's act so hurtful was that Harold trusted him as a friend.

Hopefully with the exit of Tommy and Madison, the show will get away from it's more soap opera-esque moments.

It was nice having an Amy I didn't want to smack, and the reconnection between Ephram and Amy.

4. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Looks like Madison isn't quite gone yet.

When Nina's husband ran off, didn't he stop supporting them? That's why she had to work three jobs, which caused her to fall asleep so that the kid could get in the accident?

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

So the parallel "romantic" storylines of Amy and Ephram come to basically the same conclusion. It figures the writers would spend most of this season keeping both of them apart since Ephram was crushing on Amy big time last season, while Amy had to deal with her Colin emotions finally this season.

Harold is as self-righteous as always. Asshat indeed.

It was good to see Bright be there for Amy once her former friends shunned her publicly.

I knew Andy would rebound in his testimony for Nina, plus, you have to keep her around once they decide to deal with the situation between Linda and Andy, I guess.

6. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Nina's lawyer wasn't too good if she didn't bring up the infidelity (regardless of whether it was gay or not, cheating is cheating), the year of neglect both financially and emotionally (for the boy), and the years that he spent on the road to stay away from his family. The rest of the plot line was just annoying since there was little chance she'd lose the child, and that if the lawyer acted like a real lawyer there would have been no suspense at all. It was a slam dunk case.

I'm at least glad that Andy didn't break up with the Lady Dr. Abbott in the same show as the kids ended their relationships. Two out of three parallel storylines is better than all three.

But, I did notice that Harold said something to the effect of, "I would have come to you as a friend." What ever the line was, I think it was the first time he referred to Andy as a friend, even if it was to say he didn't want to be a friend with him anymore.

Good episode.

7. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Most states have "no fault" statutes which makes infidelity kind of meaningless legally speaking...

I was glad to see some of the dynamic between Amy and Ephram revived though.

8. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch

But isn't that for divorce settlement, not for a judge deciding the welfare of a child? It's certainly pertinent to show how responsible a person is.

9. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I don't believe so. But I might be wrong... It certainly didn't apply in a family member's case.