What's new

Everwood 4/26/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Bright continues to amaze in his senior year turnaround with his Prom-o-bago, and 4 dates for the prom, while also nudging Amy and Ephram together on a prom date at the same time. Amy is now crushing on Ephram, but he's still hung up on Madison, whom they bump into at a convenience store while stopping for munchies on the prom-o-bago. Amy backs off of Ephram after seeing how the chance meeting with Madison stops him emotionally in his tracks. In an effort to cut Bright off the cupid path, she alludes to him that she let Ephram know how she feels about him, but that it wasn't the right time for him and has Bright promise her that he doesn't talk about this with Ephram. Of course Bright brings up the subject, spills the beans for Amy, but plays it cool so as to not embarrass Amy in Bright's eyes. Now Ephram knows of Amy's feelings for him.

Andy's mentor comes to present a case that needs his surgical skills, but Andy refuses to take on the case on its merits (the case requires delicate brain surgery). The mentor passes out on his way out of town in Andy's kitchen, and Andy discovers the case was about his mentor's condition, and this spurs Andy to take the case, but now to the protestations of his mentor who reminds him it's be like when Andy operated on Colin last year. Andy presses on and gets his surgical team together for the surgery.

Linda decides to take an offer to go to Namibia for another "Doctors Without Borders" tour of duty since she's become a town pariah now that her HIV status has been disclosed to the town, and has caused Harold's insurance company to review his malpractice policy, causing Harold's practice to be shut down in the interim. Harold is torn up about Linda leaving Everwood again, but finds it in his heart to let Andy know she's leaving on the train so Andy can say goodbye to her since she wasn't going to do so herself, and it could be the last chance if Linda doesn't make it back from this stint to Africa. Andy does see her at the train station after she and Edna say their goodbyes. Afterwards, Linda is emotionally wrought from leaving Andy as she collapses into a train station bench, sobbing.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Bright's character has grown so much. At first he was just Amy's jock brother. Now he's one of the funniest characters on the show, and one of my favorites. The cherry stem tying and the interviews for the prom dates was hysterical. It's a four way tie! LOL

Eventually this show will have to deal with a problem a lot of shows have to deal with that center on high school kids. What happens when they go to college? Bright isn't going, but what happens to the show when Amy and Ephram graduate? A lot of shows jump the shark at that point. But who cares? Right now it's damn good.

Evan M

Second Unit
I was amazed at how clueless Ephram was... hehehe... and then Bright's comment about how guys have to talk about this stuff b/c we aren't as clueless as they think we are.. or something like that. Hilarious!

I'm really enjoying seeing Bright get more time in the spotlight. And his solution for getting Amy and Ephram to go to prom together was pure genious. 4 dates.. man...

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
It was tough the way Linda left. It is so hard leaving someone you love knowing it's the best thing for everyone.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I don't know why, but the Ephram/Amy relationship is reminding me of the Ross/Rachel relationship on Friends, it's taking FOREVER for them to finally be together. In the first season, Ephram has a big crush on Amy, Ross has a big crush on Rachel; Second season, Amy is crushing on Ephram, and Rachel on Ross, but now Ephram has Madison, and Ross has Julie. This episode should be called "The One Where Ephram Finds Out".:p) :D

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Anybody ever have to write a paper for school that was too short for the assigned page count and you start filling it up with BS to make page count? That's really what the last two episodes felt like to me – like their storylines turned out to not be able to fill their episode order this season so they're filling airtime before going where ever they plan on going for the season finale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Bright pulling up in the Prom-a-bago was definitely a classic moment for the show.

Overall, the episode just felt off. Their prom night was pretty boring, and that just doesn't fly. Even if your prom sucks, it's still pretty memorable. It's like they've forgotten how to write Amy and Ephram. Ephram just throws out pop culture references and Amy laughs, but there's none of the context that this dialogue used to possess. In Season 1, Ephram could talk about nothing and say just about anything. Since Ephram and Amy have become friends again, he talks about nothing and says even less. Last season we were rooting for him to get the girl. For me atleast, it's starting to get too Clana like. If they're going to through obstacles in their way, atleast make them dramatically strong. The encounter with Madison in the Mini-Mart was pitch perfect. The fallout was more script footdragging that dramatic progression; Ephram didn't come across needy, just self-involved.

The moment between Harold and Andy at the door was good, though. They've had a tendency to show Andy's progress by over-simplifying Harold this season. Showing such a guarded selflessness (and Andy being clueless) was a real moment, to me.

The only thing that really irritated me was Ephram and Delia calling Dr. Douglass "Uncle Donald". I mean, they just met him at the beginning of the summer and nothing about the way it was written implied regular contact since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks