Everwood 4/19/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I busted out LOL when Delia whipped out that can of whoop-ass on Brittany for revealing Linda's secret.

The delivery of "What will we do without you?" (paraphrased) line also struck to the core of Ephram's insecurities at that moment.

Andy's breakup with Linda was heartbreaking, the inner turmoil on Andy's face was eating him up inside. Good acting from both Treat and Marcia in that scene.

Harold is headed to the sidelines with this review by his insurance carrier.

Bright did have some choice lines as Amy re-discovers her feelings for Ephram.

2. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Producer

Doug
    This episode felt like the real Everwood.

I was amazed that Ephram had the courage to take on his father with, what is essentially a full 180 from where he was when his mother died. This boy has learned that his dad does care for him and Delia and that he still needs his father. The possibilities that he could be left alone again made this confrontation very understandable.

I'm not sure if the break-up will last as Ephram did show some mature understanding in his final talk with his dad. I felt very conflicted when Andy and Linda had their talk as I could understand where Andy was coming from. Sad to see his life get full only to hit a major roadblock. How like real life, roadblocks every day.

Really glad to hear Bright call Ephram "my friend".[​IMG]

Hope Dr. Abbott manages his Review well. Wonder if this will re-open the relationship with Andy. Glad to see that Andy was supporting Harold. Seems there are no hard feeling on his part.

Delia - champion of the playground[​IMG] .

Just a great episode.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Well, at the time, Andy couldn't be poaching patients from Linda either... [​IMG]

4. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

The Delia fight was hilarious! I totally didn't see that punch coming.. hehe..

The break-up scene was amazing. So well played by both actors... you could really feel the turmoil that was going through Andy's mind.

Then the scene with Ephram telling him to get it back together with her... that he was ok with it now... I think despite that, Ephram's previous rant really got to Andy. "You're all we've got" really hit him hard... something he was not fully considering before. It gave him a big wake-up call and opened his eyes to the whole "making the decision for the whole family" idea.

And Bright was cracking me up! "No shifting! We've got a perfectly working system right now." LOL

5. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

What was up with the insurance review? I thought it was stated that the insurance company new all about Linda. What was it that was done incorrectly? That contradicted earlier dialogue.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Disclosing it the insurance was one thing, there was some other stipulation in the policy that required the insurance carrier to review it if there was no disclosure of Linda's condition to her patients.

7. StephenT

StephenT Stunt Coordinator

Ah, thank you.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The way Treat handled Andy during the car exchange between him and Ephram at the end was just soul-crushing. Reality hit home the pain Andy was feeling without all of the melodrama.

My only gripe is that a 10-year-old (especially one from NYC) would almost certainly know about HIV in today's age. Maybe not a decade ago, but today it's everywhere.

9. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Actually, I have to say I was left a little cold by this episode.

First, I still think it was way too soon for Andy to be involved in this heavy of a relationship. It wasn't even a year between the time he freaked out after sleeping with Jane Krakowski and hooking up with Linda. It just feels that he needed more time mourning his wife.

However, even accepting the relationship I just didn't feel that the AIDS storyline offered anything new. All of the developments were not only done before on countless shows, but this exact outcome was telegraphed by the writers months ago--meaning the town's reaction (why else, from a dramatic standpoint, keep it secret) and that it would still be an obstacle for Linda and Andy since it was the obstacle that held them up getting together. The only twist was Ephram's reaction, but that was a bit contrived, especially since, in acutality, Andy isn't the only one he and Delia have--they have very attentive, and wealthy, grandparents. A better reaction would have involved Ephram's growing attachment to Andy and the fact that he didn't want to lose his father.

10. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

Finally the show addressed the HIV situation and why it was a bad idea for Andy to take up with Linda. I always thought it was unrealistic that none of this occurred to Andy before he started getting involved. Most intelligent surviving parents in his situation are painfully aware that they must take extremely good care of themselves for the sake of their children. But beyond this, I really think Andy would be more careful about exposing Delia to more possible loss than he appears to have been.

Other than the fact that all of these pitfalls had to be pointed out to Andy by his children, I thought it was a good and touching episode.

Deborah