What's new

Everwood 2/2/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
OMG, a Nina sighting!

Finally Andy figures out that he's totally neglected his friendship with Nina (due to his infatuation with Linda).

Ephram and Amy's friendship re-connects after some bumpy spots in their respective relationships. They (Amy and Ephram) make a cute couple.

Amy totally forgets Harold's birthday, deeply wounding Harold's heart.

Ephram gets wind of Tommy being possibly dealing dope again.

It looks like Sarah Lancaster (Madison) got her front teeth capped (no more toothy gap).

Overall, a solid episode of little moments of repairing friendships and familial relationships.

Evan M

Second Unit
Wait a minute...

"Ephram gets wind of Tommy being possibly dealing dope again. "

I totally missed that!? Was one of the guys outside of band practice talkin about it or something? Where in the episode was it?

But, I agree. Great episode :) It's good to see Nina show up again.
I thought the parallel between Andy/Nina and Ephram/Amy was a nice touch... Father and son both neglecting friends when they needed them most. I thought it was a nice "Hey, we aren't so different after all" kinda thing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I missed the drug reference too, though a guy supporting his family on a drug store cashier salary surely can't afford a PDA.
It was nice to see a breather from the soap opera antics that have dominated most of this season and get a little insight into the situation from a more realistic standpoint.
It's also nice to see that "Everwood" is confronting the issue of sex frankly and directly next week, instead of ignoring it like all too many family dramas do. I am surprised that they're advertising that aspect of the episode though.
Favorite moments include Irv and Edna giving Harold back the present he got them for Christmas, Amy and Ephram finally getting their presentation from a Mexican restaurant, Amy's note, and Ephram making peace with Madison by trashing his own song.
I was moved by Delia's vulnerable look when Ephram ditched the family dinner to go out with Madison after implying that she only liked Delia because she was paid to.
I also thought it was really decent of Bright to put Amy's name on the birthday card, and it was sort of cruel how Harold brushed him off because Amy didn't make it. Bright may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's the most decent among the Everwood kids.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When Madison calls the band back inside (after making up with Ephram), Tommy was among the band members, and hastily makes a getaway, but I believe Ephram saw him.

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Ephram definitely saw him because he had an awkward look when Amy mentioned that Tommy was at the pharmacy all day.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Still rolling along at a high level of quality...

Did anyone else think that Ephram and Amy's friendship re-blooms sort of out of the blue? And the same with Nina and Dr. Brown? I understand the plot device of showing the parallel threads, and it was entertaining, but it all seemed kinda tidy.

I didn't really get a clear emotion from Harold after he read Amy's apology letter. Was he pleased? Was he more displeased? Did he think, just as Amy wrote, "well, this is who Amy is now."

Bright's a good boy. Good boy Bright.

Dr. Brown has so many layers of self-absorbtion, will we ever see through them all? I kept thinking "Ogres are like ONIONS!!" :)

Tommy is a drug dealer, although he is doing it for good reasons, to support his mom. For Tommy to sell drugs to Madison's band is stupid, since he knows Ephram is dating her. It's like he WANTS to get busted.

The more worldly Amy thinks she is the more naive she is revealed to be.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think it was a whole bunch of emotions, some positive some negative, all at once. A really great performance by Tom Amandes in that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks