Everwood 11/10/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

While buying a car for Ephram, Andy comes across the town's seer (and mechanic) who hears things directs a child to see Andy about meningitis, and the seer turns out to be right. The seer also tells Andy some thing that he heard, and 2 out of 3 come true, and the 3rd didn't yet because he tried to make it happen.

The seer also tells Ephram that the right girl would dig the car he bought (some old New Yorker like car, I think), while Ephram protested to the contrary about the car not being a chick magnet.

Ephram helps Madison with her band, and Ephram wows Madison with his musical talent and understanding of writing melodies/music for her song. Ephram later is crushed when he sees the tempermental guitarist and Madison kiss (hang out). Ephram confronts Madison, and lays it out on the line regarding his feelings for her, and Madison is more confused than ever. Epfram even lands another kiss with little nary a protestation from Madison.

Amy is still in her depression. She winds up just driving and driving until she ends up in Wyoming. Harold and Linda go get her. Linda suggests some meditation techniques for Amy, but Amy just uses the opportunity to steal a prescription form from Linda and writers herself a prescription for some anti-depressants. The pharmacy busts her when they call Harold to confirm the replacement of the pills with generics. Amy is confronted by her parents and Harold gives in and writes her a prescription, but it was the last thing he wanted for his daughter.

Linda needs help unpacking her stuff, and she's a packrat. Andy gets the push from Edna to help Linda, and they share some time together in her new place, and when the time seemed right, Andy moved in for a kiss and Linda sloughs it off, and things become awkward.

Linda and Edna talk about the moving date, and Linda finally spills the beans about her condition. Linda is HIV+ and doesn't want to start a relationship with anyone at this point in her life. She's made peace with it. The news hits Edna like a ton of bricks.

Later, Andy talks with the seer, and how news has gotten out on his "save" of the boy with meningitis, and his life has gotten complicated again. Andy suggest that the seer hear about an avalanche (that isn't coming) to get the town off his back.

While the town of Everwood is preparing to evacuate, Andy spots Linda in the town and he lays it on the line, still not knowing her medical condition, tells her that he likes her and that he thought she should know. Andy leaves, and Linda is just perplexed in what she should do in this situation. Edna goes home, and is just crying from the news, and she collapses in Irv's arms, sobbing uncontrollably.

--

Another good episode and with just enough plausibility of the seer's abilities to make you think he is clair-audiant.

2. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Amy is still turning out to be one of the more interesting storylines this year, which is really a big surprise. Conceptually, I would expect it to be overdrawn and melodramatic, but they'be played it nicely providing wonderful scenes for Dr. Abbott and his wife, as well as Amy.

The Lady Dr. Abbott on the other hand hasn't been playing as nicely as I would like, but that last scene with Edna and Irv was very nicely handled so there's hope.

This is still one of those great shows so many people won't give a chance simply because it's on the WB, and the stigma that implies. What a shame.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

This was a pretty run of the mill episode until the last twenty minutes. I thought it was just going to be filler, but with Linda confessing to Edna that she's HIV positive, Ephram going for it with Madison (even though he shouldn't have), as well as Andy confessing his feelings to Linda in a most un-Andy-like way.

Two shots really got me towards the end. The first was when Andy's sitting down in the SUV, all perky about "work stuff" then he looks in his rear view mirror and see the betrayed look in Delia's eyes and though his facial expression you just see his whole world crumble. Really powerful worldless exchange. The second was Edna coming home to Irv and starting out alright and then slowly crumbling, and the way that Irv was there for her even though he didn't have any idea what was wrong. That was perfect.

If they can cut through some of the more pandering melodrama this season has accumulated, it's stuff like that that shows the Everwood team's still got it.

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch

Yes! That was perfect. Loved it as well.

5. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

One thing I noticed about the guitar player is that I'm pretty certain he was the actor who played "Ben" from Buffy Season 5.

6. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Does anyone know how old Madison is supposed to be? She constantly talks about being too old for Ephram, and that at 16 he's a child--but I can't see anyone over the age of 18 taking what is essentially a babysitting job. So, is she supposed to be going to college, or just out of High School? She's old enough to make fooling around with Ephram 'illegal', but she can't be THAT much older.

7. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

It's not just babysitting, she also cooks. Babysitters usually don't do that, right? And she definitely interacts with Delia, she doesn't just watch her. FWIW, Sarah Lancaster is 23.

While I'm at it, seems to me that a clairaudient would only hear things that are actually real, but would normally not be heard; just like a clairvoyant sees actual things, not secret messages written on phantom chalkboards, for example. A clairaudient would hear the voice of a boy trapped in a well miles away, or some words actually spoken by someone in the future. If you hear a voice telling you things no real person is saying, (e.g. "if you build it, they will come"), that's something else. [Not sure why I'm nitpicky today.]

//Ken

8. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

my sister lives near san diego state university, and there are lots of students there who babysit. she posts on the college bulletin board when her current sitter can no longer work for her. and they get paid pretty well for sitting too. probably beats working retail.