Everwood 11/03/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I liked the back stories of the 3 victims trapped in the mine presented in this episode. Overall, another good solid episode.

I enjoyed Ephram discovering the piano stylings that open him up to more than just classical and into the more expressive forms of jazz piano playing from the James Earl Jones character, Will Cleveland.

You get the feeling the legend of the lighthouse in Everwood grew as the story of Andy doing another medical miracle got around for Harold's neighbor. The flashback to Harold falling over his fence to find out what his neighbor was building was comical.

The sense of loss by Ellie and her husband wasn't underplayed given how much her husband gave to Bright in ripping him a new one for not taking his future college plans seriously.

I didn't like the possibility of quashing Linda and Andy's romantic prospects with the spectre of either hepatitus or HIV in her system given her life all over the world, especially in the 3rd world countries.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think I'd be happier if Linda has a clean bill of health, I want an even romantic playing field (but I know, life's not fair).

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch

But, there's not a whole lot of drama, at least not unexplored drama. Obstacles to relationships on TV is what makes them work, ultimately with the payoff being anticimatic. I'm intrigued by this storyline and hope it develops.

I loved the JAmes Earl Jones storyline, especially juxtaposed with the possibility of him losing his arm.

Beau Bridges was okay, and where at first i though it wouldn't be bad to have a lighthouse in the neighborhood, I sure wouldn't want that light flashing through my window as the matte shot at the end seemed to show.[​IMG]

5. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yeah, given the way there are houses up the slope, I hope he only runs that lighthouse on special occasions. Imagine having people over and having the super-bright light panning across your living room every few seconds.

//Ken

6. Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil Second Unit

I really enjoyed the show, although some of the WB dialogue (several shows) seems just a little bit too infatuated with itself to be realistic. I see this a LOT on Everwood, increasingly on Gilmore Girls (guilty pleasure)...not so much with Smallville. Anyone else notice this?

I loved JEJ's performance. Very convincing, and the

shock I felt after it sunk in that this man might lose his arm...after knowing he is a musical genius actually caused my jaw to fall open in horror.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What I like about this show is that it's able to create characters who linger with you in your mind after the show is over because you do find yourself wanting to know how things turn out for them.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

It's very much a character drama, which (atleast up to now) has successfully navigated around all of the stumbling blocks that could degrade it into a simple primetime soap. It's also good to see that it consistently beat Skin, despite not having a tenth of the advertising behind it. Sometimes quality does win out.