Everwood 10/13/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Episode 2.5

I was a little disappointed that my local WB station decided to just mute Delia's first words of rebellion on tonight's episode, but, hey, no big deal. Now, Efram's reactionary laugh was spot on, though. Hee hee hee.

More pain in the Abbott household as Harold struggles with prescribing Amy anti-depressants because he truly wants Amy to dig out of this hole by the virtue of family strength and support (while prescribing Lanie the anti-depressants after just consulting with her mother).

Delia did set her foot down on Andy seeing Linda romantically, and Linda pretty much squashed Andy's libido like a grape for now. Efram's actually listening to the babysitter, and some fun seems to be headed his way soon...

2. Tony_P

Tony_P Stunt Coordinator

Our WB station (LA) also removed Delia's "colorful metaphor." When I saw that, I wondered why the producers even chose to have that line in the script. But then I thought....ah, DVD. Interesting. We've seen movie directors produce content soley for the DVD versions of their films (or at least have the DVD in mind when cutting scenes), but are TV producers now doing the same...

Pretty good episode. I now have my wife hooked on the show, too! [​IMG]

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I thought Emily Van Camp did a good job capturing Amy's depression and the feelings of drowning in her pain. Harold also had some really telling moments with his wife regarding this issue that has many shades of grey to it.

Delia's choice of hero was very touching.

4. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

my station muted it too. which leads me to ask, was it solely at the local level, or did the network itself perhaps have second thoughts, and decided to bleep the word itself?

5. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Much better episode than last week, and the first one this year to really capture Amy's pain sympathetically. Excellent episode for her and a good showcase of her talent.

I too got the dreaded mute for Delia's colorful metaphor--which is just as stupid as whenever they do it. Was there one person out there that ddidn't know what she said? It's as inane as when they over dub "The Breakfast Club" with such insipid replacements when it's very obvious what they are truly saying. They're protecting no one.

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

We get a WB cable-only station in our area, and it was muted, so maybe it was done at the network level.

So did Amy's dream progress at the end of the episode? Instead of just drowning, she saw Colin?

I also noticed that Amy looks like a younger version of Jane on Tarzan. Same shape of face and eyes.

//Ken

7. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

L.A., too, got a muted explitive from Delia. I was some what surprised that her dad's reaction was all about the word and not about her incredible rudeness. Also, did I miss something? I'm not sure why Delia took such a particular dislike to the other Dr.Abbott. Was this explained in some way that I missed? I got that she saw her as a posible love interest for her dad and hence a threat, but even after he explained to her that he was not currently looking for love and that this woman was just a friend and colleague, Delia made him promise that he would never chose this woman to date in the future. I am not sure I understand why.

Regarding Amy and her dream: I took it to mean that she was suicidal -- ready to give in and join Colin. I hope they give her those pills soon.

Deborah

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The Albany affiliate got muted as well. Greg Berlanti told (I think) Entertainment Weekly that we would indeed here the word, so I'm guessing that if it was done at the network level it wasn't done to the original master. But as Chad said: We all know what she said anyway.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Madison as eye candy is okay by me. Remembering her as JD's candy striper object of desire on "Scrubs" seals the deal.

I like the way Madison gets Efram's goat on just about everything. It's good for him to have someone to focus his hate on, after a year of pining for Amy.

I was hoping Delia would have dropped the f-bomb, but the 9 p.m. timeslot only allows for so much... [​IMG]

10. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

am i missing something? from the previews, it appeared that they are setting up a plot where ephram and madison hook up just when amy is looking to pursue things with him. so yeah, we may see amy pining for him while he's unavailable.

which treads the dangerous line of mimicking the dawson/pacey/joey triangle where the one each wants is always conveniently involved with another. also echoes the "mike and the babysitter" season of growing pains.