Everwood 1/19/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yay! Everwood's back!

*Whip* Now that's what I'm talking about as Rose makes Harold her beeyotch.

I was glad to see Bright at least express his disdain for his sister's utter self-centered-ness. I felt bad for Bright when you could tell he had to just sit there in the dining room listening to his parents have a meltdown. I've had to listen to my parents fight every now and then in my youth, and it was a paralyzing feeling.

I LOL at "Driving Miss Daisy Crazy".

Madison is a 35 year old trapped inside a hot 21 year old's body.

I had forgotten that Kelly Waymire had passed away and seeing the RIP for her at the end made me a little sad given her storyline in the episode.

Glad to see Andy and Delia makes up and come to an understanding of not bottling up love when it's better to share it for those who can use it the most.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I LOVED this storyline. It was some genuine season one style character development, with no false epic stakes. I also like pissy, bitter Delia. She's normally sickeningly sweet. The whole "you going to have a good time, now?" "only if this bus is bringing me home" exchange was great. Shades of Ephram there.

I also liked the subplot between Edna and Irv over what to do about Amy. It was handled quite realistically. If they only get rid of Madison and bring back Nina, this could become my favorite show again.

3. Michael Menduina

I also enjoyed the episode. As I watched the show, I began to wonder when the actress who play Nina (Stephanie Niznik) would appear again. Rose has had a lot more screen time than Nina this year. That I can recall, Nina may have been in 3 episodes. Aside from the pilot, her involvement has been minimal.

I guess the babysitter has made Nina redundant. I like Madison but the angle is a little disturbing. I can't imagine a father allowing his babysitter to date one of his other children. I imagine the poor kid being being baby-sat would get neglected. We are talking about teenagers here!Delia who? That's what I would be thinking as a 16 year old fooling around with Madison.

4. Samuel_M

Samuel_M Agent

Hi:

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Rose takin' a firm stance the way that she did tonight was very refreshing..

I personally love Sarah Lancaster's character...okay so yeah she is incredibly hot, but she's got some decent acting chops to boot. Personally, I wouldn't mind if she stuck around for a while longer. Still it did strike me as a lil' weird why Andy would consent to let this continue once he found out about it, or why he would go out of town with Delia overnight and leave him unsupervised.

Finally, I feel little dumb askin' this, but who was Kelly Waymire? I can't seem to remember her off the top of my head. Please let me know. Thanks.

5. Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo Second Unit

When I saw Waymire playing the patient, I thought "isn't she suppossed to be dead?" THen I allowed myself to think that maybe the folks here at HTF had gotten that wrong. THen came the "In Memory" and I was taken aback.

Let me add my vote to both "Amy is a self-centered brat" and "enough with the Madison, bring back Nina" movements. The latter is unrealistic on almost every level and the former is tiring. Amy has ceased being interesting.

6. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

I'm done with Amy's self centered crap, too. If past history on this show is any indication, the writers know that and planned to take it this far and no further. How do you reach for a higher dramatic climax than the FBI at the house?

That does not mean I dislike the show, I love it. I don't know how this show appeals to a 33 year old father of two but I am a huge closet fan. Closet because the guys at work only talk about Fear Factor. :|

When the worst thing I can think to make fun of is wonderfully innapropriate clothing (for the climate) that Madison wears , the show is firing on all cylinders. Ever been to the Rockies in the summer? It barely reaches 70, ever. [​IMG]

When Delia and Dr. Brown end up at the spa hotel, my wife said "Now that's what I'm taling about!" I told her if she wants to hotel it she needs to go back to work! [​IMG]

Welcome back Everwood. Stick around for a while.

7. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    It had an incredibly sloppy opening. The FBI would never have gotten involved. I had a cousin 'runaway' and the first thing the police tell you to do is call every friend and relative to check to see if the runaway's been seen. It just reeked of an artificial mid-season cliffhanger (the mid-season breaks on the WB have been WAAAAY too long this year) to wrap up ridiculously quickly.

It luckily picked up after that, and I loved what they did with the Rose character. She has really shined this year after being a neglected character for so long. Amy's story may be a tad grating, but it's at least believable. She's one of the few teenagers on TV acting like a teenager. and teenagers can be grating.

However, I miss Nina. They started a great storyline with her, a homosexual husband, but have dropped that. I want to see how she's handling that, how she's coping with the guilt inherent with that situation, and how she'd doubt her attractiveness and such. I want them to do something with that.

8. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

I, too, was glad to see the show back at long last.

Speaking of self involved, was anyone else a bit put off by Andy's exchange with Linda regarding his reluctance to get involved with someone who had a terminal illness? He spoke only of the reluctance for himself, whereas I would think his main concern would be for his children. IMHO, most responsible parents in his shoes would walk away from this one -- even if they really cared for the person.

Deborah

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

In the north country, 70's shorts weather. Hell, it's 18 degrees outside here and I'm wearing a T-Shirt.