What's new

EVERLY BROTHERS' Cadence Classics in True Stereo...? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Does anyone know whether CLAUDETTE, ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM and other early Everly Cadence recordings have yet been released in TRUE stereo (if so, on what CD's)? I know they were recorded in multi-track, so it's just a matter of time.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I asked about this on a fan club site, and no came forward with anything as to stereo versions of those songs.

My personal opinion is that the early stereo mixes (some of their 1959 recordings) are very unappealing, separation is extreme, and the elements of the song are unbalanced. I'd rather hear a good monophonic version of "Take a Message to Mary" than the widely available stereo one.

As for the harmony on "All I have to do is dream", I think stereo might ruin it...

I recently acquired the DCC Gold Classics edition of their early hits, and some of the less well known songs do sound better than alternative versions available on cheap cds, but essentially, anyone with Rhino or Ace editions of their better known material isn't going to get anything better.

On a sad note, Felice Bryant just died. She and her husband Boudleaux (who died in 1987) were the writers of all the Everlys earlier hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks