Ever wonder what goes on in a car after it's been stolen?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dean Cooper, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

I found this site the other day and thought I would share. It's quite an interesting peek in to auto theft, who's doing it and why. Plus some of the videos are rather entertaining [​IMG]

http://www.baitcar.com/videos

Dean

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    heheh yeah that website/program is from my city, apparently quite effective in reducing auto thefts

my favourite is "dont let the dogs chew me!!!"

3. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Supporting Actor

I had a car stolen when I was going to college at Wayne State in Detroit.

The cops found it the next day, it had 220 miles put on the odometer, a broken side window and huge, half-eaten bucket of KFC in the backseat. Probably just some kids joy-riding. Unfortunatley they must have beat the heck out of it, cause the transmission started slipping really bad after that and needed replacement...

It was a very rusty Olds Delta 88...not sure why anyone would choose that to steal.

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

I'd like to see a Bait Bike during the daytona bike week.

Suspect 1: Steals bike at 9pm. takes it to the cabbage patch
    Suspect 2: Steals bike at 9:35. Rides to the iron horse
    Suspect 3: Drunk gets on bike and swears alot for 20 minutes wondering why it wont start. Realises he has wrong bike, kicks it over.
    Suspect 4: Suspect picks bike up at 11:27 and joyrides into the back of a van

so on and so on...........

5. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

I had a Jeep Cherokee stolen. It was recovered four days later and the thief was caught! When I picked up the car from the inpound lot, there were empty small zip lock baggies, cigarette burns, and some body damage. Thank goodness for full coverage.

About a year later, I received a check from the DC government for "restitution". Never found out what the car thief got, though. I was summoned to testify but I was stationed overseas by then so I got an exemption and just made a signed statement.

6. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

I could swear that "oncoming" guy drives my commute route. Just put a tie and a Venti triple-decaf soy upsidedown latte in his hand and that's him! I think he must be a Bait Commuter...

7. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Many of these cars are stolen because they are easy to steal and have enough power for a joyride (spinning out, etc.). My grandmother's 1980's era Oldsmobile was one of the most stolen car models in America for this very reason...

8. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Maybe they wanted to imitate "The Evil Dead".