ever used priceline.com for a hotel reservation? (minneapolis)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip_G, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I thought I'd give it a stab since I'm headed down there for a tool concert, so I plug in 2 nights, maximum I'll pay is 70 bucks and all that junk, it comes back with a room at the four points sheraton in St. Paul, by the time they tack on tax and the 6$ processing fee it's 160 bucks for the 2 nights, but I dunno what I have for a room. What do you think? good deal or no? or did I get shafted? on the online reservation system for sheraton the cheapest room they have is about 110 bucks *shrug*
    http://www.sheraton.com/
    you can browse your way to the sheraton in st paul capital if curious.

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Sounds like you saved at least $60 to me...

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

Hope so, i called to confirm the reservation and they stuck me in a double full bed, smoking room. Kind of irritating since the request should have been made for non smoking, but maybe I can sweet talk the desk person into hookin me up [​IMG]

4. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

what is the difference between smoking room and non smoking room? i have stayed in many many hotels before and still, i am not aware of non smoking / smoking rooms.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

how can you not? some rooms are smoking, some aren't. The smoking rooms usually stink.