Ever use the PAYPAL Buyer protection feature?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by todbnla, Feb 6, 2005.

1. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    Just wondering: I recently won an item on eBay, it was advertised as NEW, upon receipt and inspection I found the item not to be new but used, a demo or returned item with signs of wear, dust, etc, but not new. I contacted the seller and after several emails he came back with an immature attitude so I proceeded with the PAYPAL buyer protection procedure. Anyone used this with any success? I either want the guy to give me a partial refund or a full refund including shipping charges back to him. I have been an eBay user since 99, I have over 555 positive trades and my feedback is 99.5%. The seller has been a member since 04 and his feedback is 99.6% with a few minor problems recently in the last few months.

What do you guys think?

2. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

I just used it and got all my money back. The guy never sent the product though. I don't know how it would work with an item that is not what it was described as. They seem to get in touch with both parties and try to get the two of you to settle it between yourselves first. Then they try and give a settlement if nothing is reached between the two parties.