What's new

Ever stumble into movie history? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

good one.

i used to drive to work right on Lincoln drive to chestnut hill.
that is were they shot the scene when travolta captures the sound effects as he accidently captures the car accident..

also the jeep crashes into the store window right across the street from
City Hall.
was Wanamakers now not sure.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I was on vacation in Carlsbad, CA a couple years ago, and while going up the coast road, I came upon the blue house that the Kelly McGillis character "Charlie" lived in for Top Gun.

JamesED

Second Unit
Last week I flew with my dad on a trip to CA. We stayed with his friend, whom lives in a skypark in Rosamond. Their runway was a setting for the bike/plane race in Iron Eagle. The friend popped in the DVD to show us the scenes. I immediately called a friend from home, because he has a cassette tape of the soundtrack to Iron Eagle in his mini-van.

The above poster stumbled into Top Gun, but I stumbled into the forgettable Iron Eagle from the same year.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I once drove through Woodstock, IL... I knew in advance that "Groundhog Day" had been filmed there... but driving around the town square, I felt like I was in the movie.

I didn't expect it to look exactly the same.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wouldn't that be "Our pet's heads are falling off!"?

I can't believe we're correcting Lloyd Christmas. Hee hee!

My cousins lived near where they filmed a bunch of Smokey & the Bandit-Riverdale/Jonesboro GA. I recognize many of the restaurants, like the KFC in the film (ate there, hee hee!). They promised to take me to that old bridge that was jumped but never did. I'll bet that thing isn't even there anymore. But I've never stumbled on anything like that. I don't think so anyway....

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
2 years ago, I spent a good part of a hot gorgeous afternoon jumping off a bridge into the ocean at Martha's Vineyard.

I had no idea that key scenes of Jaws were filmed there till after we left.

--
H

mylan

Screenwriter

I live near Helen, Ga. where several scenes were filmed, including the memorable one where he crosses the river and Sally Fields is asking if he ever takes his hat off. The road up there runs parallel to the river and I have seen the buildings, gas stations, etc. that were in the film but we have never found "the" place that the car could have made it across the river without some sort of movie magic or modifications to the terrain.

PhillJones

Second Unit
The building in which I work is in the opening shot of Mystic River. It's a panning wide shot of the tobin bridge which my building is next to.

It's also notably not in the closing shot of Steven Speilbergs War of the Worlds.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
We actually do the HVAC work on the plant that was located behind the house on Fletch Lives, you have to pass that house everytime you go to the plant from the levee side

Alex-C

Screenwriter

I am from C'bad, and I am fairly certain, that house (the one near the beach right ?) is in Oceanside, by the pier.

Splitting hairs, I know. Sorry. It used to be a seedy area, if you can believe it...older homes within a stones throw from the beach, I expect its now been exploited to its full real estate value. ha !

Any old time Oceanslime, er, I mean Oceanside residents want to jump in ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks