1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever regret throwing something away?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Dec 8, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

You throw something out, becuse your basically tired of seeing it laying around, or you have no place to store it.
    Over the past year, I've been making my own 'Best of' VHS tapes for a local morning show I like. I must have made about 11 tapes total. They where really cluttering up space to boot. I didn't think I was ever going to get a DVD Recorder to transcode them onto Digital format, so I threw about 4 tapes worth out.
    A month later I buy one, and two months later, I'm reliving all these tapes as I dupe them to MPEG, with some rather humorous bits I had forgotten about. Now I'm kicking myself for throwing out those four tapes, rather than putting them in storage somewhere. Out of site, out of mind, heh. I guess it's someone elses equivalent of taping over old home movies [​IMG].
    Anyone else do something like this?

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

OH of course who hasn't but the better question would be how much junk could we accumulate if we didn't throw or give stuff we don't use away? I wish my grandmother wouldn't have thrown away my fathers baseball card collection hell it would be worth a lot of money today or the original game of Pong she had [​IMG] . What about all of the people that threw away there Apple II machines? Heck if they are in working condition they are worth a bundle now to collectors.
    KyleS

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Aww Man, I had an Apple 2C+ sitting in the room right next to me a decade ago [​IMG]..
    About all I have left from my old computer collection is an old modem about 10 years of age, and it has an on off switch to boot [​IMG].

4. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

All of the Incredible Hulk comics I had as a kid!

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Besides a ton of VHS tapes I totally regret throwing away my Jr. High/High School Yearbooks and giving away my Atari 2600/5200 and Coleco-vision video games.

6. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

I threw away my Transformers when cleaning my room as a 12 yr-old.

Doh!

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

My Texas Instrument TI99/4A computer, in faux aluminum finish. I purchased it when there was a fire sale of these for $50.00, and was still able to obtain software (both third party and original TI-issued) for a number of years after TI abandoned the machine.
    [​IMG]
    At least I still have my Mattel Shogun Warriors Great Mazinger action figure....
    [​IMG]
    but without the box.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I didn't throw it away, but I can't find it anymore: a Tomi Docehedron 12-sided "Rubik-like cube". I was one of those freaks who could solve it in my youth. I checked on Ebay a few years ago looking for one of them, and they go for around $75-$100 now.

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

A long time ago I sold all my Sesame Street records at a garage sale when I decided I was too old for them. A few years later, I wanted them back! Since then I've never sold or gotten rid of anything in the way of recorded material no matter how much I might hate it, since I never know if or when I might change my mind about it!

10. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>A long time ago I sold all my Sesame Street records at a garage sale when I decided I was too old for them. >
    Still have most of my originals, including a Fraggle Rock record.
    Now I'm wishing I didn't throw away my first VHS tape from the early to mid 80's. Damn that thing had memories [​IMG].

11. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

My stuff went back almost to the beginning (this was when they put out records for kids because VCRs hadn't been invented yet, so we couldn't see the shows unless they were on TV!) I had some of the 45 rpm records they put out, and the first album which had an orange Oscar the Grouch and Gordon with hair (which I later found a used copy of which I've kept!) I never even got to hear too many of them in stereo- the ones I've managed to get and listen to now have interesting separation while kids like me were playing them on little mono portable record players!

12. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

13. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    Good one Ron
    KyleS

14. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Re: Portable Record player [​IMG]
    Still have my Playskool one. Only thing is, it needs a little bit o' repairing [​IMG].

15. Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish Supporting Actor

Oh yeah.
    I traded my Original, mint-condition Millenium Falcon toy when I was 15 for about 20 comic books. It didn't have a scratch on it, was clean as a whistle, and still had every sticker and ever part intact. [​IMG]
    I had a Commodore Vic 20 with a tape drive, some game cartridges, and the old Atari Joystick. I have absolutely no idea where any of this equipment now resides. I think my parents might have junked it.
    All my GI-Joes and GI-Gone.
    ... the list goes on...
    Moe.

16. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

17. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

The good old days.....before PC vs. Mac, there was TI99/4A vs. Commodore Vic 20.

I also sold (or gave away, I don't remember) two gold 3 1/2" CD singles from The Beach Boys and Richie Valens. On Rhino Records, I believe.