What's new

Ever hear of Gamefly.com?? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
It looks like Netflix, except they only rent console games.

I signed up for the free trial. Anyone here use them?? Does it work well?? I never used Netflix, not sure I will like waiting for games to show up.

But the local video store in town has a really poor selection of Xbox games, and they dont get new releases hardly ever. They have only about 20 titles in all. I dont really want to drive all the way to the nearest blockbuster which is in the next town, so maybe GameFly will work out.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Jeff,

I tried NetFlix for a while and found it to be a really good service. It only took a few days for an in stock movie to get to me once I requested it. I had to cancle Netflix though because as a college student I have enough bills already, but it was a good service that I will go back to in the future. As far as the game service, it sounds like a great idea. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot!

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I signed up for the free trial too, my first games should be here tomorrow. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
From their "Help" pages:

We are located in California and ship out games from our warehouse 6 days a week via first class US mail. Ship times are 2-4 business days for the entire US.
Sucks for me, as I am on the East Coast. If it takes the full 4 days to get here, I may not continue past the 10-day free trial.

I have been using GameFly since January. I am very pleased with their service. It takes 1 week from the time I put a game in the mailbox till I receive the next one.
The return address is in Los Angles, so I would assume that they also ship from there. You can purchase some games for a used price, meaning they don't sell games that still have a large demand (Halo, GTA:VC, etc.). Games usually sell for $34.99, I have seen a few for less. I have never had a problem with bad discs, shipping problems. I would and have recommended to friends.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Gamefly.com works for me too. I'm in Seattle and the turnaround time from me sending one to them and getting one back is 3-4 business days. Right now I have War of the Monsters and MVP Baseball 2003 for PS2 at home. I've rented a bunch of stinkers, but the good ones (Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank) have more than made up for them.

Recommended!

And Netflix is great too. What's even better is the 2 day turnaround! Their warehouse is in Tacoma. Woo hoo!

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a member of redoctane.com for quite a few years now. (Around three maybe?) I really like the concept, as it's much cheaper then buying new games. It's espically nice for playing through games that don't have a lot of replay value.

Same concept as Gamefly, although I believe they may be the originators. I've been pleased with their service, but it takes about 4-5 days for shipping between their location in Calfornia and my home in Minnesota.

If you don't like their service, here's a few others:

redoctane.com
gamefly.com
numbthumb.com
govojo.com
angelgamer.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks