Ever Find Yourself Listening and Enjoying Your Parent's Music?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, May 13, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

My tastes pretty much run from rock, rap, and country. Eletronica/Rave music is alright, but not necessarily my cup of tea.
    I'll be at work saying the lines, "Holla back young'n, woo hoo!" to myself every great now and then. Somedays, I'll sing that one song from Outkast, the one that's like a circus song.
    Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that I find myself listening to my parent's music a lot. Bands like America, The Beatles, the Bee Gees, Chicago, Seals & Croft, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Air Supply, and what not. I find that I'm in the vast minority of people who still listen to music my parents listened to when they were younger. I must be lame or something. [​IMG]

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Dome,
    Although I'm young enough that the Beatles had already broken up for several years before I got my first Beatles album, I'm old enough that it was an 8-track tape, and that it was definitely not my parent's music. Still, you and I are different generations.
    BUT, listening to Beatles and CCR is definitely NOT lame, it's great music. My son is not quite 2 years old, and he loves it. [​IMG]

3. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Oh sure, I like a lot of the same music as my parents. In fact, I even had a couple of the same Louis Prima albums as my Grandfather.

4. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Some of the stuff my parents listened to are now some of my favorite CD's...good music is good musir regardless of when it was produced.

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    My parents love the Beatles and so do I!
    One odd thing though...I love to listen to classical and polka music (by Weird Al, mostly) which they both hated as children. [​IMG]

6. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

You guys are lucky, your parents had great taste in music! I had to discover The Beatles all on my own!

The only music that my parents like that I like is some of the classical stuff like Mozart and Beethoven.

7. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I listen to the same 50s and 60s pop hits as my parents, and it spoiled most modern music for me.

8. Ryan Potts

Ryan Potts Stunt Coordinator

It wasn't until I went to college that I finally began to explore music on my own, but it was way too late as my parents influence is too great. But hey, I'm not complaining, I never would be listening to some of the stuff I do w/o 'em.
    If that's lame, then so be it.
    "Everyone knows that rock acheived perfection in 1974" - Homer Simpson [​IMG]

9. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Happens to me all the time. My parents' music is from back in the 60's and 70's when music was actually GOOD. Thanks to them, I've been introduced to the Beatles, Velvet Underground, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, etc.