Event Horizon dvd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Lockwood, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Steve Lockwood

Steve Lockwood Stunt Coordinator

I was going to pick up the Event Horizon dvd. Did anyone enjoy the dvd version of this film? Thanks.

2. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

While the DVD has really good A/V quality, it has no bonus features.

Word on the grapevine is that a Special Edition is on the way, including an extended cut of the film. My advice is to rent the DVD if you can (or tape if your desperet) and wait for the special edition.

The Special Edition itself is confirmed, however the extended cut is only hopeful, since Anderson said he may just include the deleted scenes (20 minutes worth) as an extra. who knows.

3. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

Tim - I have held off picking this one up myself because of the rumors of a Special Edition. Have you heard an actual release date on it?

4. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

This is a pretty good DVD for a barebones release. If I'm not mistaken, it's not anamorphic but it sure looks nice. Even better is the 5.1, which will really give your subwoofer a workout.

As far as a SE goes, this is the first I've heard about it. We are talking Paramount here and I doubt they care about this movie very much. I'd certainly buy a SE, though, if they offered one up.

5. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

Paul Anderson has said he's preparing deleted scenes for a director's cut, or failing that, in a special section. He was still deciding. I read this in an interview with im about a month back, once at Aint It Cool News and then again somewhere else (can't remember exactly on the second one, but I recall it saying exactly the same thing). Why else would he prepare such a thing if there wasn't a new edition coming out? I'm sure he isn't just doing it for fun. And no the articals didn't have a release date. Since it was a work in progress at the time I read it, possibly it could be out by late summer/ fall.

Out of all the titles paramount has refused it revisist (not counting the new Trek DVDs forthcoming), this isn't the greatest, but still, any improvments on a film that, in my opinion, was maddeningly close to being cool are welcome

6. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Tim_Prasuhn wrote:

7. Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson Second Unit

I actually heard somewhere that Paul Anderson has recorded a commentary track - but I can't remember where I heard it.

8. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

He did record a commentary track for the R2 release but he stated he did not have the time for an expanded cut for that release cause of Resident Evil. There will be a new version out but not sure if it will have the scenes in the show or left on the side as an extra. He has stated that he prefers the theaterical cut to his original cut and therefore, I would consider the DVD too be the directors cut. Also, just as a little other tidbit, R2 will get the directors cut of Resident Evil right away but he didn't know about the R1 release.