What's new

“Event Horizon” Director’s Cut Has Been Lost (1 Viewer)

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Man I love this movie.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/event-horizon-directors-cut-has-been-lost/

“There was a lot more that was shot that isn’t in the movie. But you’ll never see the messed up version because we made Event before the kind of DVD revolution. You know, DVD ushered in this era when you had to have additional footage, deleted scenes, things like that.

There was no call for that back when we were just doing VHS cassettes and LaserDiscs. So the material just wasn’t archived very well, and since the movie became a big cult classic, Paramount has asked us to come back in and do different versions and we looked for the material, and it just doesn’t exist.”

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sadly, this has been a known story for a while - I think this came up back when the DVD version first came out, and again when the Blu-ray was released. I really like this movie and would gladly double dip on an extended version of the footage was ever located, but at this point it seems unlikely.

I don't know that I've ever been so terrified in a movie theater. I was the right age, saw it at the right time, and it scared the crap out of me.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
It was def scary, I guess I was 20 at the time. It was the first date with a wonderful girl (she was a movie buff and loved it) I dated for a long time. Will never forget that movie.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
This is one of the sci-fi horror movies I really enjoyed. Scared the c$%@ out of me. It had a fantastic soundtrack.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I also loved this movie. I would have loved an extended / Directors cut.

I was lucky enough to go see this movie completely blind. Some friends at work decided to leave early on a Friday and go see it. I had heard the title but had not seen any trailers or anything. I miss the days I can see a movie without any pre-conceived ideas.

Event Horizon is a really creepy movie. It effected me at my core for weeks after. I really do not know why. I love horror movies and even the exorcist didn't make feel uncomfortable as much as this movie did.

I don't really know if the fact I had no knowledge of the movie when I saw it was the reason it had such an effect on me or it was simply the subject matter. The way they depicted the pain/agony/torture that was the "hell" dimension in such quick flashes got to me. Maybe it was the flashes activation some subliminal message center in my brain.

Well, I hope they manage to stumble across some archive somewhere they forgot about and can revisit this again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks