What's new

Event Horizon and Paul Anderson (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I wouldn't dream to make any assumption whatsoever
I knew that, that's why I asked where you heard it from. :)
Anyway, I do agree with you that it was unoriginal and I, like you, enjoyed the film (and Pitch Black).
I hope Anderson does a good job with Resident Evil because unfortunately I will throw my money at whatever film comes out based on the Resident Evil game. I just hope I'm not going to throw my money away.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
"Hellraiser" seemed pretty straightforward. "This is hell, see what we have in store for you."
"Event Horizon" was the first film that ever made me realize I don't know jack about what hell really is or means or..or....anything and that my friends, scared the crap out of me.
Don't get me wrong, I liked both films but it was "Event Horizon" that creeped me out.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Same here. If there's a more horrifyingly convincing depiction of Hell than the video of the previous crew, I don't know if I'd want to see it. Probably one of the reasons this is one of my favorite films: it hits all the right buttons.:emoji_thumbsup:

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
I HAVE to chime in on "the greatest movie ever made". :D ;) I still remember going to see it with an bunch of my friends. They all HATED it.......out of a group of 6(including 2 girls), I was the only one who like...no, loved it! I could never explain to you why exactly.......Event Horizon is one of those movies where the sum is MUCH greater than the parts. It's even become a running gag with my friends.......as I call it "the greatest movie ever made" and they shrink away and close their eyes in horror whenever I say that phrase:D(never could figure out why). Oh well.....some people just don't get it! Also, when and what will be on a SE of Event Horizon. I picked the laserdisc of this and I'd preorder the DVD of that TODAY if it was available. If anyone knows what extras and/or special features it will have, let me know. Here's to a great movie:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I remember reading in Fangoria that ALOT of scenes were cut to make an R rating. Basically, the quick gore scenes (ie lab scene, and tape from old crew), were much longer, and more bloody.

It would be nice to put them on the SE DVD... if the film still exists.

Nick

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I think there was more than violence cut from the film. For example, before Weir kills D.J., he rips open his shirt and there's a huge scar on his chest. My guess is that he probably had a backstory that was cut for time. The shot was obviously intended to display the scar, but in the theatrical cut it doesn't make any sense. Also, three of the other characters(Starck, Cooper, Smitty) are missing backstories. This might also explain why the film is so short. Anybody know if Paul Anderson has an E-Mail address?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks