Evel Knievel sues Kanye West over video

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That cost a million bucks to make? Can't help but agree with Knievel, it was a bunch of worthless crap.

Not sure if his lawsuit will prevail. Could it be a parody? Is his suit maybe trademarked?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I was surprised to read that Knievel merchandise has grossed over $300 million over the years.

It would be interesting to see a graph of the sales over the years. I remember when there were action figures (dolls) & so on.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Can't help but agree with Knievel, it was a bunch of worthless crap."

Funny thing is, its prob one of the best rap videos Ive ever seen.

At least theyre not dancing around a pool smacking girls asses and counting their money like on most rap videos.

Its prob the first rap video I ever made it through to the end.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Quick question: Is it "KANE" or "KANE-YEE" or "KEN-YEE"? Just so I know I'm saying it correctly.

MC

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt

I wonder how much of that ended up in his hands, the last I heard, the IRS was after him for a few million dollars in back taxes.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Quick question: Is it "KANE" or "KANE-YEE" or "KEN-YEE"?

I've always heard it like KHAN-yay, as if cheering on Ricardo Montalban's classic Star Trek character.

PhillJones

Second Unit

That surprised me as well. It's not for want of trying is it?

Surely this is a cut-and-dry case. West used Kenevel's image without asking permission.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep:

Kahn-Yeah

as a pronunciation

Whether the video is good or not, or if it's utter crap.. It's hard for me to imagine Evil winning this lawsuit when it's obvious parody.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Here's the video, it is a good one.

Maybe Evil should ride on the back of this, and release a DVD of his stunts? I'd buy it.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Sorry to say that it looks to be all parody. If he'd thrown in actual footage it would be a different story. The thing is, most people into Kanye West weren't around for that ill fated attempt anyway, so there's not really any celebrity there to take advantage of. It's really more nostalgia than anything. If Kanye had been smart about it, he would asked Evil to do a cameo...give him some props.

Brings back some memories, though.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23