What's new

Evanesence (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I really like this band.....There is another thread I started, because I didn't know the name of the band...And load and behold there is a thread started about them...........I really dig her vocals.......I really like the last song "whisper" love the dark chorals towards the end of the song...very different and I like......

I have had the album only 3 hours and have yet to grow tired of it......the ablum is "fallen" and it is very good.

I do have to say that some of the songs are very linkin park sounding, but Hey I love linkin park too......So all is good........

I really like the heavy riffs and drums that are playing behind her........That is the main thing that got me and the fact her vocals sometimes boarder on choral from classical music.....I really like that...

As you can tell I really like the album......Good stuff

Another band you might want to add to above list is:
The Third and the Mortal....Great stuff...

R~

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Going to see Evanescence tomorrow (later today) night at the Beaumont in Kansas City. Can't friggin' wait! :)

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome!! They did a really great job in Washington DC. Have fun at the concert and don't be shy about getting autographs from Ben and Amy!!! Tell them "hi" from a fan who saw them in DC...

Perhaps many of you are upset that you the 2000 release 'Origin' is out of print. On Ebay, an original 'Origin' CD sells for $200+. On the DC101 interview, Ben Moody plainly stated that he was totally fine with people downloading the songs from this and prior albums on MP3 as an alternative to paying such prices.

I have since scoured the internet for a site containing suitable high-quality MP3 downloads of Evanescence's prior releases. The following site has all the songs on the Origin album, as well as Evanescence's prior release 'EP', the 2002 Demos, and the 'Fallen' outtakes:

http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/ries/evanescence/

These songs are just way too good!!! If you love the old stuff, I implore you to buy the 'Fallen' CD and support the band. I want to hear more of their stuff in the future!

Elias

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Joel, How was the Kansas Envanescence concert? Did you get an autograph?

Elias

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to hear that, Joel. I hope you can catch them elsewhere. Check out that link I posted in post #23. It has pretty much all their songs. It should give you hours of great listening.

Elias

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I bought this album last Tuesday...along with two other CDs. I also received a new CD from Amazon on Thursday.

Only the Evanescence CD is getting any play in my car stereo. :D

I am amazed at how strong the entire album is. I don't care much for "Imaginary," but love the rest of the album. The two songs from Daredevil are obviously strong songs, but "Haunted," "Tourniquet" and "Whisper" all get heavy rotation for me.

Bummer is they came here about a week before the album was released...so probably won't return to the area for quite some time.

Howie A

Second Unit
Quick question..
What is the true track listing?
It has been shown differently everywhere I look.
Are there hidden tracks that are not listed?
Here are the 2 variations I have seen:

List 1)
Fallen (2003)
1. Going Under
2. Bring Me To Life
3. Everybody's Fool
4. My Immortal
5. Haunted
6. Tourniquet
7. Imaginary
8. Taking Over Me
9. Hello
10. My Last Breath
11. Whisper

List 2)
1 Breathe No More
2 Bring Me To Life
3 Everybody's Fool
4 Farther Away
5 Going Under
6 Haunted
7 Hello
8 Imaginary
9 Missing
10 My Last Breath
11 My Immortal
12 Taking Me Over
13 Tourniquet
14 Whisper

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
What is the true track listing?
List 1 is the track listing on my store-bought copy.

List 2 seems to mix tracks from their Origin CD with songs from Fallen, for whatever reason.

I downloaded the Origin songs Elias lists on his page...so far, only 2 or so have struck as ones I like. Even given the difference in sound quality between an MP3 heard on crappy ear plugs and a major-label-produced disc on my car stereo, the songs sound VERY different to me.

The older songs from Origin sound far more "gothic" to me, and less metal. Just my own reaction to first time listening, though.

Elias

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,

I can't believe you only like 2 songs from Origin. I almost like this album better than Fallen. I agree it's much more goth/metal like, but this is one of the things I like about it-- it's doesn't have the mainstream bent to it. My favorite tracks on Origin are Whisper (I like this version better then the Fallen version), Imaginary (I like the two versions the same), Where Will you Go, Field of Innocence, Even in Death, and Eternal. I exclude My Immortal since the versions are identical.

I hate MP3 and express many of your concerns about the audio quality. I need to find a copy of the original CD. In the meantime, this is the only way to listen to these songs, so I'm absolutely thrilled. If only Ben Moody listened to me when I suggested to him they make their next album on SACD...

Elias

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Elias:

I haven't listened to all of the tracks, and I didn't download any of the tracks that also appeared on Fallen - I assumed they were the same version. I'll be listening again, to see what I think. I know that the audio quality on the MP3s is not that great, but Amy's voice seems weaker or more drawn out on the Origin songs.

Whisper is one of my favorites on Fallen. If the site listed in this thread indeed gives an alternate version of it, I'll be giving it a listen.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
I don't find too much commercial music I enjoy, but
I checked out some Evanescence mp3s, & caught them on Leno.
I must admit the music is solid though a little to safe for my taste. However Amy Lee has an awesome voice.
I will probable pick up the cd at some point.
A SACD would really encourage that. :)

I want to 2nd Jason Birzer on the bands he recommended.
I am quite familiar with all of them.
Evanescence is probable the most like Lacuna Coil.

My picks would be
After Forever - Decypher
The music is adventurous, & Floor has an incredible voice!
I could do without the growler, but he isn't too over
bearing, & only pops up now & again.

Nightwish - Oceanborn or From Wishes To Eternity DVD.
Symphonic with soaring operatic female vocals. Male vocals are used very sparingly, & honestly they are not very good.
Note on the DVD NTSC version is window-boxed, PAL is not.
Both Widescreen, & 5.1.
"Century Child" or "Wishmaster" may be easier to get into if this style is new to you.
New male vocals (also plays bass) used on "Wishmaster". The male vocals are used more on this one than any of their others, & they are quite good.
Tarja sings less operatic on here as well.

Within Temptation - Mother Earth or the 3 disc DVD/cd set.
What a vocalist! DVD is widescreen window-boxed, 5.1, & PAL only.
Earlier cds used a occasional growler, & thankfully they decided to drop the growls.

Dakrua - Shifting Realities
Deeper female vocals. Rocking metal with a slight gothic touch. Very good baritone male vocals used on occasion.
Nice production, & sweet sounding acoustic guitars used as well.

Also note Nightwish will be making their live USA debut at the ProgPower USA festival in Atlanta Sept 5-6, 2003

http://www.progpower.com/

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=130626

Todd

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Just bought this album this week. I really like it a lot, and find myself listening to it everyday.

The lower frequencies at the beginning of "Bring Me To Life" really kicks ass, and brings my subwoofer to life! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks