What's new

Eva box shipped! (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I want to get the box with the new 0:1 and 0:2 insert, but alas, I have no cash.

When you get the box, tell us how it looks in person.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Other than the new 0:1 and 0:2 inserts, and the remastered 0:1 disc (replacing the evil overlays with subs), does this box offer anything really new?

And, is there any way to get the new 0:1 disc without buying the box set?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The fact that it's got a box, and it's the entire series, no, nothing new.

You can get the remastered disc itself, yes. Hell, you can get disc 1 and the box itself, IIRC.

But hey, it's complete, and boxed. Good for those of us who didn't pick it up the first time through. Kinda like those Star Trek: TOS discs.... ;-)

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
$39 for a DVD, a box, and a paper (the new 0:2 insert)!

Seems a little expensive, considering the box set can be had for about $130, which is a little over $16/disc.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Oh happier day, I got my box. Canada Post sucks; I hate getting a pickup slip on the 11th dated the 4th. They do that all the time; never even bother to try delivering packages, even though somebody's always home here.

Anywho. Nice box; black, with a red foil 'centerpiece' on each side. Eva eyes on the back, the NERV logo on the sides, and "NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: Perfect Collecton" on top and bottom. the really neat thing is that when you look at it in the right light, you can see various designs in shiny black; the kabbalistic charts, heiroglyphic eyes, an eva head. NICE effect.

The discs themseves are actually spine-aligned, nice to see after the rather disappointing Macross fiasco.

Oh, and the eva box set was delivered with about two to four inches of heavy bubble wrap on each side, but the corners are a bit scuffed up, showing white. The Macross box was shipped in a box exactly big enough to hold it; one corner was squished a bit. Feh.

Now to wait for the ultra kewl metal box, designed by Paul Champagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks