What's new

Eurythmics Greatest Hits - Music Videos? Live Concert? Anyone Know? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
B0000507OS.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I was considering picking up this title, but I have no idea from the info on the back of the box whether this DVD is full of their "MTV" music videos, a live concert, or something else.
I can't find anything online that specifies what the DVD contains, either. I've tried sales sites, fans sites for the band, and of course the publisher site. Nothing is clear about what this disc contains, other than a song list.
Surely someone out there on HTF has this item and can tell me, before I buy it. Thanks greatly!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on August 24, 2001 at 10:10 AM]

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
As already noted, the DVD includes the band's videos through 1989. It's a nice little collection, especially since it supersedes compact disc "greatest hits" releases; as my review notes, Eurythmics' GH album differed from country to country, but the DVD accumulates all of the tracks plus some available on none of the GH CDs.
I agreed with the Digitally Obsessed reviewer's opinion of the picture, with the caveat that it's VERY tough for us to objectively rate image quality for this kind of package. The materials span such a wide range of years and styles that it's something of a crap shoot. I was less impressed with the sound, which was good but not exceptional. Still, some of my concern revolved around the original production, not the REproduction on the DVD, which was not quite as strong as the CD but still fine.
Here's a link to my review:
http://www.dvdmg.com/eurythmicsgreatesthits.html
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thank you both for responding! That answers my question...it is music videos, which is what I wanted!
Yay! A trip to Circuit Shitty for me tomorrow to pick this up for $12.99, plus $3 with "Bedrock Bucks" from Fruity Pepples cereal. Thanks, Fred & Barney.
Walter, thanks to you for that great review you linked me with. It told me everything I need to know.
Colin, your link gets me a 404 "not found" error. That's okay, because the write-up in your post tells me enough. I didn't expect superb picture/sound...it was all sort of substandard in the first place. On the square TV that's not hooked up to the stereo yet for a few years...that's kind of the MTV experience, in a way.
Again, thanks to both of you. If anyone can tell me where to find it cheaper, that's the only other help I'll need. Cheers,
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen.jpg

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
BTW, you may already have it, but the Eurythmics Peace Tour DVD is kick ass. Beauty anamorphic, strong 5.1 mix, and very solid performances throughout the show. I strongly recommend this concert DVD for any Eurythmics fan.
I understand wanting videos, just keep in mind that this concert DVD is strong too.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I picked this up over the weekend, and am enjoying it thoroughly! Thanks, guys!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Lafe F

Second Unit
I ordered this from DVD Express, when they were having their clearance sale. It's a great disc for any Eurythmics fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks