What's new

european xbox hd lightgun??? (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
Thrustmaster sells an xbox lightgun called the BERETTA that is compatible with 100HZ european HD sets. One site said that it was also NTSC compatible....does anyone know if this gun would work with HDTV's in the US??

thanks

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
it says it's compatible with NTSC 60hz...if i play House of the Dead 3 on the xbox in 480p, would that be 60hz??

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Thrustmaster sells an xbox lightgun called the BERETTA that is compatible with 100HZ european HD sets.
European 100Hz TVs are not HD. Europe has no High Definition standard. They're just double the refresh rate for a much steadier picture.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
My Sony HD set has a 960i mode that is basically 120hz. Of course 480p is also 120hz, but progressive instead of interlaced.

Look, even the Dreamcast lightguns worked in 480p. It wouldn't surprise me if all of the XBox lightguns have ICs that process the light input fast enough to work with 480p. Maybe, maybe not.

But the GAME has to be programmed for each specific refresh rate. The gun itself will not automatically make it work with an HD our doubled set.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Good news - I had a lot of fun with Point blank on PSX and still have the gun, but my only TV is 100hz now, so I haven't been using it for months - vainly looking for a 100hz light gun and started to think it did not exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks