What's new

European Vacation Specs...(Yea!) (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
OAR. Hell yeah. This is even better then getting to take home 4 bottles of Martinellys Sparkling Cider from work. Good Job Warner. Now we need the others.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Im drooling for this one!!!

I would say to people that didn't like Vegas Vacation, did they only see it once? For me the film gets better every time I see it.

If anyone decides to watch it again, try it with this in mind, this film is really a parody of the entire series. I think at this point, they knew it was a somewhat tired formula, so the entire film is just making fun of the idea of the vacation movies.

a good example of this is when Chevy looks at the 4th set of actors to play the kids and says "why i hardly recognize you kids anymore"

its classic,

What could be next? I'd say either Hawaiian Vacation, or Australian Vacation - that would be best I think.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
This bodes well for other "flat comedies"(to quote a WB rep from the last studo chat) from Warners on DVD. If the other three Vacation films are redone, perhaps we'll see some of the other former travesties corrected(A Christmas Story, Spies Like Us).

Thank you Warners for listening to us.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
This is truly great news.....more so if they'd announce they're going to re-do the other three!

Dan (UK)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I would say to people that didn't like Vegas Vacation, did they only see it once? For me the film gets better every time I see it.

If anyone decides to watch it again, try it with this in mind, this film is really a parody of the entire series. I think at this point, they knew it was a somewhat tired formula, so the entire film is just making fun of the idea of the vacation movies.

a good example of this is when Chevy looks at the 4th set of actors to play the kids and says "why i hardly recognize you kids anymore"
Interesting point. I fall into the category of only having seen it once and didn't look at it this way when I saw it. Now I may have to see it again!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
That is one of my favorite jokes from that film. Unfourtantely I have to explain it to the others who never get it.

I will pick up European Vacation, if nothing else, to support the proper presentation. And I'm curious what all Chevy and Beverly have to say about it.

Also, even though it's not the best of the Vacations, it has it's fair share of good laughs.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Why only 'European Vacation'? Why not all of them including 'Vegas Vacation"?

Well if this does happen, and it goes over big(I know it will with me!)maybe we will see the the others released in OAR (soon I hope!).

This is encouraging news indeed!

JasonK

Supporting Actor
This is great great news! Perhaps there is hope that WB will revisit Christmas V. and Vacation some time soon with the same specs...

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Looks like it's about time for a Vacation boxed set complete with remasters of the other 3 films in OAR.

I'll buy 'em.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I too will buy this in support of the other Vacation movies getting the same treatment. I finally broke down and picked up Christmas Vacation this year. But, I would certainly buy it again if it were given the EV treatment.

My LD copy of the original will suffice until then.

C

Gruson

Second Unit
I would also recommend seeing Vegas Vacation again.
I HATED it at first but then gave it another chance. It is actually pretty good and Eddie is hilarious in it :)
Give it another chance!
It does not compare to the other 3 Vacation movies though....

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
This is great news! I hope the other Vacation films and Warner's other comedies will eventually get the same treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks