European DVD in US

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris_FFF, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Chris_FFF

Chris_FFF Extra

Help, just bought a DVD from Europe, how can I make it work in my player? Is it possible? Or, can I somehow get it on my computer then reburn it to US format? Thanks!

2. RobD

RobD Second Unit

Is it the region or Pal picture format thats stopping it working.

3. Chris_FFF

Chris_FFF Extra

not really sure, 1st time coming across this. My DVD player says "cannot play this disk" the disk says
    DVD 9 PAL 4:3 Hope that helps! Thanks again

4. JohnAD

JohnAD Cinematographer

Chris:

You need a player that will both play Region 2 titles, and convert a PAL signal to NTSC. I would suggest a Malata 520,
    but there are a few others out there that will do it. Another option would be to switch your computer's DVD drive to Region 2, although you can only do this a limited number of times.

John.

5. RobD

RobD Second Unit

I assume defeating regions is an OK topic, so here goes.

Disclaimer: Not my faul if any of this causes problem (Worked for me) [​IMG]

For your PC just download a region free firmware for your DVD drive and then install DVD Genie (Be Careful to download the correct firmware and follow the instructions exactly).

Link:
    http://www.rpc1.com

To defeat region locking on a seperate dvd player I need to know the exact model and brand. The initial problem is a region lock, will deal with PAL (If it is a prob) later.

6. Chris_FFF

Chris_FFF Extra

Ok, great! Thanks. I'll let you know when I get all that done. Off to work for now. Thanks again, I thought I wasted my $$ on these disks.

7. Chris_FFF

Chris_FFF Extra

Also, I have access to a DVD player on my girlfriends computer, this one here is only a cd drive and cd burner that comes standard with a Dell (LG CD-RW CED 8080B) and a (LG CD-ROM CRD-8482B) if that means anything to you guys. So I was wondering if this disk can be transferred here or must be done at her house on her DVD player. Thanks again!
    Chris

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul Agent

Here is my simple $50 fix:

Go to the Rat Shack and buy this miniature DVD Player
    Cyberhome CHD-300 if i remember.

My oh mine! This thing is zone free, plays anything you throw at it, even JPG files off Kodak picture CDs. Does MP3 file directory display too.

Here is the link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=16-3274

Good luck,

Bob