What's new

Europe has the coolest cars! (1 Viewer)

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
We're too busy building 16-cylinder Cadillacs and 300-MPH motorcycles with V-10 pickup-truck engines. :rolleyes

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
John I don't think you clicked on the link did you? :) btw VW has been making W16s in the Bugattis and I think they have a W18 as well.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Argh. And I ask why the S3 is not here and the RS4. Would be nice to see some 4 motion VW's here........

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Would be nice to see some 4 motion VW's here...
Maybe I'm missing something but there are 4motion VeeDubs here in the states. I'm driving a Passat W8 that has 4motion!

BTW, let me know if I completely missed your point. Its early and I haven't had my first cup o' coffee yet.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
One thing to remember is that many features found on European BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis never make it to the US due to our legal system and sue-sue-sue mentality. Anything that can possibly be used in a lawsuit is kept from us.

As someone said in one of the BMW forums, if you file a lawsuit to fix every bump in the road, the result is not smooth roads but rather all the entrance ramps being closed.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe I'm missing something but there are 4motion VeeDubs here in the states. I'm driving a Passat W8 that has 4motion!
Meaning the other cars....Jetta and GTi. Would be nice for it to be at least an option. One day.... :frowning:

AviTevet

Stunt Coordinator
Actually now that the US is getting the 2.5L STi, the US has one cool car the rest of the world doesn't :D

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Hey, what's wrong with a 16-cylinder Cadillac? Sweeeeeeet
Must...resist... urge... to bash GM :D
Apart from anything else it's a show car, IF it goes into production it may or may not have a passing resemblance to the car pictured above.
I believe the VW Golf R32 (which has AWD) is coming to the US this year, and as pointed out above the STi will not only not be "dumbed down for America" but for once we'll get something better than what the rest of the world gets.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
For what that Caddy is going to cost, there will be 2 leprechauns that will reside inside and open the doors for you.

Cam S

Screenwriter
And it has a Toyota 1.8L 4cyl engine in it so it should be fairly reliable at least engine-wise.
A lotus elise with the Toyota engine? If it's the high reving ebgine in the Celica GTS and the Matrix, I'm all for it! That car is gonna be fast!!!!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think so, at least the folks at the MR2 board I hang around in seem to think. But then the TRD folks keep letting a Supercharger for the 1ZZ enging fly but I'll believe it when I see one.

The MR2 has the Corolla 1ZZ engine except with some minor mods and VVTI to get 138hp whereas the GT-S gets the 2ZZ engine and VVTL-I.

Putting the GT-S engine in the US-based Lotus will make a fast car that gets great gas mileage. I can get around 26mpg even with all my city driving and not like a grandma.

Ian, nice pic! Somebody around here has an old Esprit and sometimes I see somebody's V8 on occasion but I can't wait til I see some Elises around, that would be sweet. A car that weighs less than my Spyder the "Anti-SUV" car :)

Jay

Ian Wilson

Agent
Jay, you can buy one today in the US from Prototype Racing with a Honda K20A engine (240HP). Acceleration tests can be seen here. 0 - 60 in 3.7 seconds. Walking away from a Porsche at 130mph

There are a few options here in Europe, one company offers a Twin Turbo 380hp Audi RS4 engine. Supercharging is also popular. It´s an awesome car to drive, handles like a cart, but it can bite back big style when you exceed the envelope.
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks