What's new

Euro 2004 (1 Viewer)

Lars Larsen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lars Larsen
What a game! The Danish team played it well. Jon Dahl was great and saved us, but we had problems in converting our great chances. Gravesen didn't seem to have the edge in front of the Swedish goal and passed the ball instead of going for it himself. The penalty kick didn't seem fair - the field was soaked and our keeper clearly went for the ball! The Swedish equalizing goal was deserved. There was no foul play involved in the 2-2 result, but the last minute of the game was quite lame :)

Go Denmark!

Typical of Italy to suggest conspiracy was involved... You lost, you are out, get over it!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Sweden played like crap most of the time. I couldn't believe how they were standing still during offense and how little open space they managed to create. Denmark was way better (and I agree that the penalty kick was a highly questionable call). Still, it's the goals that count. :D

I could hardly believe it when the swedes scored the 2-2 goal, it just seemed too perfect. The stoppage time play was very exciting though. ;)

I find it hard to believe Sweden will win again, but I wouldn't be surprised if Denmark takes it all.

Poor Italy... ;)

/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Sweden played like crap most of the time. I couldn't believe how they were standing still during offense and how little open space they managed to create. Denmark was way better (and I agree that the penalty kick was a highly questionable call). Still, it's the goals that count. :D

I could hardly believe it when the swedes scored the 2-2 goal, it just seemed too perfect. The stoppage time play was very exciting though. ;)

I find it hard to believe Sweden will win again, but I wouldn't be surprised if Denmark takes it all.

Poor Italy... ;)

/Mike

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
And the greatest irony in all this is that Cassano managed to score a winning 2-1 goal inte overtime! (94th minute).

Todays group-D matches will be highly interesting. The Czhecks have allready won group D and will face Denmark in the quarter finals. I'll hope for Denmark but think they will meet their match against Nedved & gang.

The rest of the group is open.

Sweden will play the runner up of the group in the QF:
Germany: If they win over Czheck Republic and Latvia beats Holland.
Holland: If they beat or draw Latvia while Germany looses or draws.
Latvia: If they beat Holland while Germany losses.

Interesting to say the least!

I say Sweden has a real possibility of beating any of these three, but considering how bad they've played I hope Germany qualifies.

Sweden and Denmark can meet again in the final game :)

Oh, and the Denmark-Sweden game.. all 4 goals were well deserved, but Denmark ruled the midfield for most of the game. Sweden had real problems defending, especially on the right side. Having Linderoth suspended really took its toll. Luckilly he's back for the QF, but on the other hand Edman will be out :frowning:

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
And the greatest irony in all this is that Cassano managed to score a winning 2-1 goal inte overtime! (94th minute).

Todays group-D matches will be highly interesting. The Czhecks have allready won group D and will face Denmark in the quarter finals. I'll hope for Denmark but think they will meet their match against Nedved & gang.

The rest of the group is open.

Sweden will play the runner up of the group in the QF:
Germany: If they win over Czheck Republic and Latvia beats Holland.
Holland: If they beat or draw Latvia while Germany looses or draws.
Latvia: If they beat Holland while Germany losses.

Interesting to say the least!

I say Sweden has a real possibility of beating any of these three, but considering how bad they've played I hope Germany qualifies.

Sweden and Denmark can meet again in the final game :)

Oh, and the Denmark-Sweden game.. all 4 goals were well deserved, but Denmark ruled the midfield for most of the game. Sweden had real problems defending, especially on the right side. Having Linderoth suspended really took its toll. Luckilly he's back for the QF, but on the other hand Edman will be out :frowning:

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Like Spain, they underperformed this tournament. Some good patches and brilliant individual plays such as from Buffon but you gotta be more convincing as a team than that. The Swedes and Danes beat Bulgaria easily whereas Italy only managed a last minute heroic. That's the bottom line.

We just gotta see who Sweden will play now. I hope it'll be Holland (have them in my finals quinella) so I'll need the Czech Republic to beat Germany tonight.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
Like Spain, they underperformed this tournament. Some good patches and brilliant individual plays such as from Buffon but you gotta be more convincing as a team than that. The Swedes and Danes beat Bulgaria easily whereas Italy only managed a last minute heroic. That's the bottom line.

We just gotta see who Sweden will play now. I hope it'll be Holland (have them in my finals quinella) so I'll need the Czech Republic to beat Germany tonight.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
My predictions are in bold:
  • PORTUGAL vs ENGLAND
  • FRANCE vs GREECE
  • CZECH REPUBLIC vs DENMARK
  • SWEDEN vs HOLLAND

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
My predictions are in bold:
  • PORTUGAL vs ENGLAND
  • FRANCE vs GREECE
  • CZECH REPUBLIC vs DENMARK
  • SWEDEN vs HOLLAND

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Watching England - Portugal right now, what a game! Full speed from beginning to end of the first overtime half. Looks like England will win if they can keep the pressure up a little longer.

Let's hope it doesn't go to penalty kicks...

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks