What's new

Eureka Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Well, there was the book in Henry's office that Jack borrowed shortly after his memory was erased just because Allison had the same one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This may be the prettiest looking show in HD I've seen in a while; the look to this show is so crisp; even compared to most other HD shows, this really takes advantage of it.

Roger_R

Second Unit
So... when I buy it on DVD, I'm actually buying a 42 minute commercial for Degree Men Absolute Protection?

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman

That's one way of putting it. Another view would be that there would be nothing to put on DVD without it.

I for one am grateful for it, considering all the other USA/Sci-Fi shows have been getting the ax lately.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Well, I'll see what I think when the episode comes on, but as of right now, it just doesn't seem to fit into the world of Eureka. I mean, I could see many technical-type companies fitting in well, but not really deodorant.

I do realize that they need to pay the bills somehow, and I'd imagine their budget has to be a little higher for the special effects and maybe a few of the actors are relatively known... okay just one, but he's probably gone half the season anyway.

I guess its sorta understandable, but we'll see when the episode comes on, like I said.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
If they get Salli Richardson to strip down to her underwear again like she did in S1 Ep.10 Purple Haze, I'll buy a case of the deodorant!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The podcast for the episode came out last night. I listened to it and have written some notes. A lot of the material discussed is also written by the writers over at EUREKA unscripted

A lot of it could be thought of as minor spoilers for the next 8 episodes. I'll try to avoid writing about those. They mention that one line, "the Narnia of food storage" turned into a lot of work. The barn in the episode is the same barn featured in an episode of Traveler which one of the writers also worked on - he thought that was quite a coincidence. Some of Martha's IDs of folks is quite humorous and deserves some freeze framing. Seeing the Degree being brought in was one of the requirements of their deal. From the deal they got the money for a whole new set and some visual effects enhancement money. There is a lot of discussion about Thorne (The Fixer) and how she is the mythology element in this season.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I have to say I was taken aback by the Degree tie-in but I should have seen it coming. It's like the T-Mobile ring tone that happens in every episode of the Closer. I'll just have to get used to it.

I'm loving the show this season but I am feeling uneasy. I am worried that by season 5*, Henry will turn into Lex Luthor.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It will be quite interesting to see what she has in mind. Apparently all the various changes she had Jo do were just a smokescreen for her to get that footage out of the museum. What does it mean?

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I liked the Degree advertisement featuring Zane, that was a very well done one. I like it much better than them integrating the product into the show, but whatever. I know they did it to call attention to it intentionally, to basically say "hey look at this" but the whole thing with the Degree logo appearing on his back would've been much more unobtrusive and worked better for me had it been there the whole time.

Honestly, I'm a little unsure about this season so far, but then again I was a little hesitant about last season at the beginning too.

I agree that the changes were a smokescreen to get the footage out. Anyone else think she's somehow a part of that "Consortium" that Beverly always talked to / about?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Maybe. Right now I'm more inclined to think she's got a more personal reason - a family member either directly, or indirectly, affected by a Eureka experiment, and now she's come to either correct it (ex: time travel) or for revenge. That would fit with her having Henry being parolled - she figures she can get him to do the necessary research, and given his experience, would ultimately be willing to help her.

At least that my current thinking.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I like your thinking on this. Whatever reason she is here for it definitely has to do with that vial she was holding at the end of the first episode of this season.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Why was Henry's hologram running through the isolation lab with Carter? I would have loved for the POV to have switched to Henry's real location to see him running in place for no apparent reason.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Honestly, the hologram thing didn't make much sense to me anyway. I mean a hologram would just be a display of Henry, they definitely made it too much like a real person there. I mean Henry wasn't actually there, he wasn't walking, he was looking through cameras. So some of the stuff was a little dumb to me, though I was able to ignore it.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Once they created the virtual Henry, they could animate it with advanced video game software in a "Mechanima" like method.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Well, yes, but they treated it like it was actually his consciousness inside the virtual him, when it was more that he was sitting in front of computer screens i guess is my issue.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This was a problem with Quantum Leap, also. You just have to "go with the flow" and enjoy the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks