What's new

Eureka: Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
So, I saw a promo for this while watching Ghost Hunters recently and got all happy about it: Eureka Season 2 is starting on July 10th! Yay!

I loved this show last year. I thought it was really good - kinda quirky and charming scifi. was anyone else a fan?

Anyone got any ideas about what they will do for this new season?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, my wife & I enjoyed this last summer. Actually, summer season for us has some of our favs this year (Big Love, 4400, Eureka, Psych, Nip/Tuck) so I'm glad it's upon us ;)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

And don't forget the BSG Razor preview that will be shown during the premiere. ;)

regards

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
OMG, I had not heard that about the possibility of a Razor preview during Eureka. That is *fantastic* news. I am super excited about that....how long is it supposed to be?

As to those TV Guide spoilers, they are pretty vague but they sound good to me so far. Wonder what they are going to do with Henry now? I wish there were more about Jack and Allison, though 'cause I think that they are really cute.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I am really digging these new Eureka commercials.

"Friends don't let Friends destroy reality."

And I think I need one of those Tooth Bombs.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Ha, in that vein - have y'all seen the Made in Eureka website? It's pretty entertaining with all the gadgets that might have been "made" in Eureka and some of them are really cool (their version of an iPhone is funny.)

Looking forward to tomorrow night for sure.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Can't wait for tonight's new episode .... just wish SciFi had an HD channel (or maybe Universal HD will pick it up sometime soon ....)

Bryan

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Wow, the ending was really dark for a show thats usually quirky and upbeat, but it was a pretty good return.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

I was thinking the same thing. What made it especially disturbing was the fact that it's one of the show's most likable characters taking that unexpected turn towards the dark side. Season 2 should be fun a ride. They've already shook things up enough in the season premiere to provide a solid foundation for an arc to run through the 13 new episodes. :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I hope that what Nathan went through in this episode damaged the little spy gadget that Beverly put in him last season. I wonder how long everyone else in Eureka is going to be oblivious to what she is doing?

Neil

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Where are they going to go with Henry?
Make him a total bastard to the Sheriff?
Try to get revenge on him or his family?
Make him build another time machine or universe altering device?
Join forces with Beverly?

At this point we no longer have a good, honest scientist anywhere in Eureka.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
While I agree this episode was darker than most of Season 1, I don't think it's as drastic as most people seem to think (the Eureka boards over on scifi.com are up in arms over the "darker" tone). I don't think Henry is necessarily going to "get revenge" or have a lot of animosity towards Jack. As he said, he intellectually understood that he did what he had to do to save everyone. Now, emotionally, he may or may not get over it, but I think Henry's smart enough to try and separate that out. While I was surprised that he didn't turn the memory device on himself, I think he's going back to GD to try and find a better solution to the time-travel problem that was encountered in the season finale. Since Jack doesn't remember anything about the alternate timeline now, I have a feeling things will be (mostly) normal between them. Henry just seems more devoted to trying to get Kim back (one way or the other) than to causing any harm to Jack.

Having said all that, I am kind of impressed how they carried through the plot of the season finale ...Had it ended on a cliffhanger, I could have seen it coming back but since Jack had essentially resolved the problem, I figured it might be mentioned briefly. It turns out it may be one of the major arcs of this season.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Did the show's video quality also seem very dark with muted colors? It seemed much worse than the normal SciFi channel overcompression issues. It had a very "other worldly" look to it like they were in yet another alternate timeline.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Wow - I was really not expecting that ending, though maybe I should have when Henry didn't wipe his own memory first, but that was a really way to set up the rest of the season! I definitely am looking forward to seeing what they do with Henry after this, what he gets involved with, and how he ends up treating Jack, who won't understand anymore if Henry is so angry. I wonder how he will handle that, if he does blame Jack? Will this be about a revenge type thing, or about trying to find another way to save Kim?

And yet... I mean, I LOVE episodes like last season's finale (where the hero has to give up something they love to keep the world together somehow - like Angel's I Will Remember You, or that classic Star Trek ep I can't remember the name of), so I'm really really happy that they are going to keep having the events of that episode, and of the future timeline affect this season, I think it is going to set up a great arc now, instead of being a one-off thing. I thought it was great.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I think that was “City on the Edge of Forever”.

I believe Henry's wiping of Carter's mind has nothing to do with revenge, and everything to do with saving Kim. Henry wiped Carter's mind just so he could be free to discover/pursue another method to save Kim. He could have wiped Carter's memories without Carter's consent, but Henry's unfailing decency prevented him from doing that. Still, Henry's explanation was a ruse (and, for our sake, expository), since he never intended to turn the device on himself. He just wanted Carter to quit looking over his shoulder, ever on the ready to stop another Universe-Unraveling event. The job he seeks at Global Dynamics is merely a way to gain access to more sophisticated equipment – or even to the artifact itself – in order to facilitate his goal of saving Kim.

Carter has nothing to fear from Henry in the way of revenge, and I strongly suspect we haven't seen the last of Kim.

Hey, here's a thought: what if every season ended with Kim dying as a result of Henry's multiple heartfelt, but failed, attempts to save her? Kim could become the new Kenny. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks