What's new

International Eureka! Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Since Fox did this 4K work I have to assume that Criterion will be releasing a Blu-ray of it in the near future. It might not be until next year, but it's coming.

Sorry to resurrect this two-year old thread - but I've just bought and watched this Masters of Cinema release. Can you please tell me where you got your information that Fox did this 4K transfer - the packaging merely states "new 1080p transfer" and I should think they would be trumpeting loud and clear if this were a 4K scan, don't you? In fact, the only reference I can find anywhere to 4K comes, unfortunately, from Dr. Svet at you-know-where. I'm not saying it wasn't done, but I am curious where this information comes from. Because frankly I think if this had been a brand new 4K scan that Twilight Time would have released it already. Just honestly curious.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sorry to resurrect this two-year old thread - but I've just bought and watched this Masters of Cinema release. Can you please tell me where you got your information that Fox did this 4K transfer - the packaging merely states "new 1080p transfer" and I should think they would be trumpeting loud and clear if this were a 4K scan, don't you? In fact, the only reference I can find anywhere to 4K comes, unfortunately, from Dr. Svet at you-know-where. I'm not saying it wasn't done, but I am curious where this information comes from. Because frankly I think if this had been a brand new 4K scan that Twilight Time would have released it already. Just honestly curious.
After two years, I had to really think to recall where I got this information at my advancing age and with as many posts that I make on a daily basis here. Anyhow, I did remember reading the description on Amazon's UK's site. Also, here is another link about a list of films with 4K transfers. Furthermore, this release came out two years ago so I think home video marketing has change some in which releases coming out more recently will promote 4K information more today due to the 4K being more prevalent in the market today, both, software and hardware-wise.

Anyhow, what did you think about the video presentation?
Product Description

SPECIAL DUAL FORMAT (BLU-RAY + DVD) EDITION featuring:

• New 1080p transfer of the film on Blu-ray from Fox's stunning 4K restoration, with a progressive encode on the DVD
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • New video interview with critic, filmmaker, and programmer Kent Jones
  • Video interview with critic François Guérif
  • French television excerpt with Samuel Fuller
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • 28-PAGE BOOKLET featuring a new essay on the film by critic Murielle Joudet; remarks by Fuller; and rare imagery
http://www.parkcircus.com/films/collections/558_4k_digital_cinema

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
After two years, I had to really think to recall where I got this information at my advancing age and with as many posts that I make on a daily basis here. Anyhow, I did remember reading the description on Amazon's UK's site. Also, here is another link about a list of films with 4K transfers. Furthermore, this release came out two years ago so I think home video marketing has change some in which releases coming out more recently will promote 4K information more today due to the 4K being more prevalent in the market today, both, software and hardware-wise.

Anyhow, what did you think about the video presentation?

http://www.parkcircus.com/films/collections/558_4k_digital_cinema
Direct link. ;)

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I asked because I wasn't as crazy about it as everyone else. I can't quite put my finger on it - maybe I'll watch again tomorrow. It's just weird that on their site they properly trumpet the 4K but on the packaging they make no mention at all, nor in the booklet. Is Park Circus Eureka by another name?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I asked because I wasn't as crazy about it as everyone else. I can't quite put my finger on it - maybe I'll watch again tomorrow. It's just weird that on their site they properly trumpet the 4K but on the packaging they make no mention at all, nor in the booklet. Is Park Circus Eureka by another name?
As I stated, I think companies are marketing discs from 4K transfers more aggressively now than two years ago.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

We are discussing Pickup On South Street? The packaging I have says " The Masters Of Cinema Series is proud to present Pickup On South Street on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from Fox's stunning 4K restoration . . ."

I always had the impression that Park Circus is totally separate from Eureka, but I could be wrong.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We are discussing Pickup On South Street? The packaging I have says " The Masters Of Cinema Series is proud to present Pickup On South Street on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK from Fox's stunning 4K restoration . . ."

I always had the impression that Park Circus is totally separate from Eureka, but I could be wrong.
You're right, it's on the package on the back side! See "Special Dual Format Edition" in big bold letters than just above it read the last sentence.

Also, I found this on Eureka's site:

New 1080p presentation of the film from the new 4k restoration, on the Blu-ray

https://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/moc/pickup-south-street

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Ah, well, could they have made it any tinier - I didn't even read that part because it looked like a plot synopsis. And then just BELOW the Dual Format Edition, which is where you would THINK that information would be is the line I saw. Fascinating - I'll watch it again, but I was not blown away by it, as I have been by other Fox black-and-white transfers.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ah, well, could they have made it any tinier - I didn't even read that part because it looked like a plot synopsis. And then just BELOW the Dual Format Edition, which is where you would THINK that information would be is the line I saw. Fascinating - I'll watch it again, but I was not blown away by it, as I have been by other Fox black-and-white transfers.
Same here, I missed it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks