What's new

Eureka (1983, Nicolas Roeg) French DVD? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I e-mailed DVD ZONE 2 about this DVD, and this was the response from a very helpful lady named Muriel:
Hello Gordon,

this film is indeed on pre-order in France, release date July 28.
We don't know yet if our distributor will be able to import this DVD, in any case it will appear on our website if it's made availlable to us.

At your service,
Muriel
If you're a fan of Roeg and/or Gene Hackman, then you really ought to check this DVD out - I know I will. Roeg considers this his best film and the commentary should prove very interesting!

Great stuff! :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordy

JulianK

Supporting Actor
You do know there's a Region 1 version of this great movie due in September, don't you?! :)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Here's the Amazon.fr pre-order page: EUREKA :) :emoji_thumbsup:

I pre-ordered. It's a great film, in my opinion. I love Roeg's films and love Hackman's acting.

Gordy

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It's entirely possible the upcoming MGM R1 disc will have the Roeg commentary - after all, I was shocked to see not one, but two commentaries on Ken Russell's brilliant Women in Love.

Russell and Roeg are probably the two greatest living British filmmakers.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
No extras were announced in the MGM press-release. :frowning:

Were Women In Love's extras announced in the PR?

I'm pretty sure it is a bare-bones, plain-wrap - with bad cover-art too boot. :frowning:

Glad your a fan of Roeg (and Russell!), Jon. What do you think the chances are of Canel Plus/Warner releasing Performance next year? I think we might see it - they released Man Who Fell To Earth and they own the rights to Performance. Long overdue on DVD, in my opinion.

Cheers, Jon.

Gordy

Real Name
Anthony
Je ne comprends pas !
The first link shows two documentaries - which is great - but I don't see any mention of a commentary unless a)I'm being stupid or b) the link has changed.
Also, there's no specific mention of subtitles on the documentaries. I know Roeg and Russel will be talking in English but that doesn't mean the rest will be in English. Perhaps caution should be exercised here ?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Ah! The info in that link has ch-ch-ch-ch-changed! :eek:

Oh, well, the documentaries will be good, I'm sure. I can speak a bit French.

I want to check this DVD out, anyway. If the transfer on the MGM region 1 edition is better, then I'll get it, too. The film is a masterpiece, in my eyes, so double-dipping doesn't worry me, in this case! :D

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks