Eudora: Possible to Import Adress Book from palm??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vince Maskeeper, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

IS it possible to have Eudora import the address list I already have in my Palm address book?

-Vince

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Vince, is it possible for you to export the Palm addresses in a certain format? This is straight copied from my Eudora 5.1's import help file. I don't have the importers installed though so I can't play with it:

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Palm can export to ABA (standard address archive format) as well as comma seperate text or tab seperated text. Doesn't look like Eudora can read any of those in.

-Vince

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    CSV type, I used to use that when I was doing some work in DBaseIV!! Another thing you might try is if you can find an Outlook version that can read the CSV addresses and then use that with Eudora. The chain of converters continues [​IMG]
    I wonder if there is away to import just the nndbase.txt file. after all it is just a formatted text file. One could possibly use a macro in a word processor to change the comma separated text into what the nndbase.txt document needs and then try to rename that as nndbase.txt and rename nndbase.toc which has hex data in it and see if Eudora will recreate the .toc file. Might be worth a shot. I don't remember if Eudora needs the .toc file or it can recreate it...
    Jay

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay