Etronics refund?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Shelly, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

On Dec 27th I ordered an AR HC2 home theater speaker system. On January 9th after some run around and I promply canceled the order. A day later I get an e-mail about how it will take 30 days to credit my account. I was not happy but decided not to fight. 30 days has come and gone and I have received no credit from Etronics. I have sent an e-mail to customer service demanding a refund. If I get no credit on Monday I will dispute the charges with my credit card company.

I am just wondering if anyone else has ever had a situation like this with Etronics or another online retailer?

As a side note I ordered NSP1/PB12 from J&R. J&R offers great customer service and the salesman over the phone told me about all the different brands available. He prefered the JBL system the best and said it was the most popular system right now. I took it and they charged my card the next day and sent a tracking number. Everything should be here on Tuesday....YEAH!!!

But I must say the fiasco with Etronics has left me severely over budget.

Chris

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Don't sweat it. If they never sent the product, you won't have any problems getting the charges reversed.

Assuming, of course, you didn't use "Nextcard". They are a bunch of anti-customer service idiots who will tell you it's your own damn fault a merchant screwed you out of your money, too bad, so sad, and by the way: You should have read the "no returns" policy on their web site. Even when you placed the order over the telephone, not the web site, and thus never had a chance to read the policy. Even when the merchant gave you a verbal guarantee that the product would work. ("I guarantee" usually means if it's broken, I can send it back.) Even when you finally go to their web site after being informed of the "no returns" policy that's supposedly posted there and finally find it half an hour later, hidden away 20 clicks deep.

Other banks will back you 100%. So unless you were as unfortunate as me (hostility towards Nextcard? Why do you ask?), you should be fine. Just make sure you dispute it within 90 days of being charged.

(oh, and don't buy from "shop4paintball.com". They're liars and thieves, too.)

3. Chris Shelly

Chris Shelly Second Unit

Good thing I did not use Nextcard. In fact I don't even have a Nextcard account. Never heard of them.

I did use my Visa from a reputable bank. I am not really worried about getting the charges reversed. I am worried about them reversing the charges in a timely manner however. I am going to Norway soon. I was going to buy a fancy digital camera but don't have enough room on my card to buy until Etronics credits my account.

I researched Etronics before purchase and were highly rated but they really went sour between Christmas and now.

Chris