ethernet problems-help

john a hunter

Screenwriter
I have just been trying to download the 2.0 update to my new xa1.I plug the cable from the modem into the player,tell the player that there is the ethernet connection-DHCP and DNS on,go to set up menu and select upgrade,the licence comes up which I accept, and then nothing seems to happen. I left it on for an hour. The setup menu remains on the screen. Obviously nothing happened as I still can'tplay KK. I've tried to search previous threads but I can't find anything. What should happen and what am I doing wrong. Help.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
After plowing thru this and other forums I discovered that when you bring up the license agreement,which is cut off on my dlp, it defaults to "cancel "and not "agree" so I was cancelling the download. when I thought I was areeeeing to it. I tried it again last night and sucess first time although it took about 1 and 1/2 hours before I got the blessed confirmation message.I trust this will help others-it's a good way to avoid waiting for the disc.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
same thing happened to me, I figured it out in about 5 minutes. Good info for others though

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Industrious