What's new

ETF with Behringer Mic and Shark DSP110 (1 Viewer)

Brian_J

Second Unit
Folks I am about to throw a $2,000 computer out the friggin window. I have previously tried to get ETF to work but have been unable. I figured there was something amiss with my desktop so I purchased a soundblaster mp3 usb sound card to go with my laptop to try and get this right. I also got the Behringer mic and the DSP110 Shark to power it. I cannot figure out anything right now. Has anybody been able to actually get this to work?

First, I am not sure if I am doing the right thing with the shark and the mic to begin with and then the soundcard setup does not seem to be working as the mic input levels never change. Or the line inputs loop is screwy. I am frustrated as hell.

Brian

VinhT

Second Unit
From my own personal experience, the SoundBlaster MP3 USB solution is probably not the way to go. While it worked with my laptop and TrueRTA software, the sound card would often cause Blue Screens of Death. The drivers seem buggy at best.

Other than that, I can't really offer much help. I use the calibrated microphone/preamp combo from ETF and a regular computer.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Were you able to do the initial setup OK? Both I/Os looped thru each other. Disconnect one side and get the appropriate drop in level?

Pete

Brian_J

Second Unit
The loop thru worked fine but when I would try to go to the final step and hook up the mic that is when things did not work right. It would always read the same on the mic input which tells me the mic is not doing anything. I seem to be having the problem with the Shark and Mic right now. I was working quickly last night as i have little patience right now for reading manuals :frowning: What is the proper configuration for the mic and shark preamp?

Brian

Ethan Winer

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

> the mic input levels never change <

There's a bug in ETF that causes this to happen for me occasionally. When it gets stuck it always shows the level at about 6 dB overloaded. All I have to do is quit ETF and start it again, and then the mike level works again and reflects what's actually going in.

I love ETF, but bugs like this, and all the display bugs, are irritating.

--Ethan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks