What's new

ETF Results Questions (1 Viewer)

Casey H

Stunt Coordinator
I may be missing something. I have setup ETF and my RS SPL on a tripod. I went through the calibration steps when ETF first starts (in demo mode)up. I adjusted until the mic and soundcard levels were between -10 and 0. Everything is good as far as that goes. My problem is I don't have enough output to measure anything substantial on the program, its just a few peaks here and there. I tried to up my volume etc. but then the levels are "overload". What do you normally have your volumes set at when you test? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks, Casey

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
What are you trying to do? Calibrate how? I have ETF, a tripod and the RS SPL Meter, and I can test my gear without problems. Can you explain a little more?

Casey H

Stunt Coordinator
Manuel,
Thanks, yes.
I have the setup as shown on http://www27.brinkster.com/jmag999/ only instead of going to the BFD (which is on the way) I have just run a "y" splitter into the back of my receiver in the "cd" input. I am just having trouble with output. The output is there if I turn everything up, but then ETF says that I am running "overload". I am just trying to measure response right now before I get the BFD.
Hope this is enough for now! Let me know if you need more detail.
Thanks, Casey ;)

Casey,

I feed ETF into the CD input (R ch.) of my Pioneer VSX-45TX, which then goes through a Y-splitter into the BFD and into 2 subs. I set the receiver volume at about -10db, and I set the RS meter on the 80db scale. I adjust the mixer controls on the PC for about -6 db, and I get a response curve around the 90-95db level on the graph.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks