1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" DVD - any word?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DavidS, Jun 14, 2004.

1. DavidS

DavidS Stunt Coordinator

D.
    p.s.

"A smart, sexy and seriously funny comedy!"

wha??!?!?

that like the back of the box for 'American Psycho', calling the film a "sexy thriller". i almost fell over laughing reading that one.

2. DavidS

DavidS Stunt Coordinator

D.
    p.s.

"A smart, sexy and seriously funny comedy!"

wha??!?!?

that like the back of the box for 'American Psycho', calling the film a "sexy thriller". i almost fell over laughing reading that one.

3. KyleG

KyleG Stunt Coordinator

Oi...film studios should run preliminary cover art by US...right here, in this forum. There are no bigger fans of DVDs...we should be pandered to. We should be the ones to reject or aprove cover art. We should be the ones who inform the studios of what kind of extras a film deserves. Because, looking at most of my DVDs...I'd have done a lot of rejecting.

4. KyleG

KyleG Stunt Coordinator

Oi...film studios should run preliminary cover art by US...right here, in this forum. There are no bigger fans of DVDs...we should be pandered to. We should be the ones to reject or aprove cover art. We should be the ones who inform the studios of what kind of extras a film deserves. Because, looking at most of my DVDs...I'd have done a lot of rejecting.

5. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

I don't hate the cover art but that quote doesn't seem to fit the film. If I were going to do it I would remove the quote and put the title in its place. I never understand the use of quotes on a box. Like someone is going to walk by and see that random quote and decide to buy the film because of it. No, thats not how it works. If someone wants to see the film they will regardless of quotes, etc. But of course thats why I don't work at a film studio.

6. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

I don't hate the cover art but that quote doesn't seem to fit the film. If I were going to do it I would remove the quote and put the title in its place. I never understand the use of quotes on a box. Like someone is going to walk by and see that random quote and decide to buy the film because of it. No, thats not how it works. If someone wants to see the film they will regardless of quotes, etc. But of course thats why I don't work at a film studio.

7. Bill J

Bill J Producer

That cover art is one of the worst I have ever seen. Universal often changes the artwork so hopefully it isn't final.

8. Bill J

Bill J Producer

That cover art is one of the worst I have ever seen. Universal often changes the artwork so hopefully it isn't final.

9. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

What a shocker, another hideous piece of art from Universal Focus.

$20 says the Canadian version will have the oridinal art, ala Far From Heaven, Pianist, Lost in Translation, ect.

10. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

What a shocker, another hideous piece of art from Universal Focus.

$20 says the Canadian version will have the oridinal art, ala Far From Heaven, Pianist, Lost in Translation, ect.

11. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Great news on the DVD! Definitely gonna pick it up. The best film of 2004 so far.

I wouldn't count on it, since the other Kaufman DVDs (Malkovich, Adaptation) didn't have many extras.

That cover looks hideous though. I wish they used one of the theatrical posters. Ah well.

12. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Great news on the DVD! Definitely gonna pick it up. The best film of 2004 so far.

I wouldn't count on it, since the other Kaufman DVDs (Malkovich, Adaptation) didn't have many extras.

That cover looks hideous though. I wish they used one of the theatrical posters. Ah well.

13. DavidS

DavidS Stunt Coordinator

D.

Malkovich had quite a few extras. sure, they were all odd and had not too much to do with the film, but at least they were interesting, in a way.

in other news, i just found out that the film is coming back to my area, in a second-run movie house. time to go see it a 5th time...

14. DavidS

DavidS Stunt Coordinator

D.

Malkovich had quite a few extras. sure, they were all odd and had not too much to do with the film, but at least they were interesting, in a way.

in other news, i just found out that the film is coming back to my area, in a second-run movie house. time to go see it a 5th time...

15. Zachary Cohen

Zachary Cohen Stunt Coordinator

Focus Features couldn't market themselves out of a box.

16. Zachary Cohen

Zachary Cohen Stunt Coordinator

Focus Features couldn't market themselves out of a box.

17. Jeff Newcomb

Jeff Newcomb Second Unit

Don't blame Focus. They were doing fine work in their former incarnation as USA Films before they were snapped up by Universal. They were including some appropriate supplements and using theatrical key art for their covers. They even licensed Traffic and In the Mood for Love to Criterion. Universal hasn't even seen fit to give Focus films inserts. Focus is still generating the most consistently high-quality films of the past few years (ESOTSM, Lost in Translation, 21 Grams, Far From Heaven, etc.), but they don't have any control over how Universal chooses to package and market their films.

18. DavidS

DavidS Stunt Coordinator

D.
    DVD File just put up their blurb. i don't know if there will we 2 different dvd's, or P&S and Widescreen versions on one disc. I hope they don't kill the picture quality by trying to squeeze DTS and 2 versions of the film on one disc...

19. Marc_Savoie

Marc_Savoie Stunt Coordinator

I certainly hope so...

20. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Ugly cover art. [​IMG]

Brilliant movie. [​IMG]

A definite addition to my collection and a lock to make my Top Ten of the Year.